Need help with lead

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
renegade723

Need help with lead

Postby renegade723 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 am

I feel like I did a pretty good job with the rhythm and chords but I feel like I might have gone to weird on the lead. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Farrokh Bulsara.ftm
(33.15 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

arethere

Re: Need help with lead

Postby arethere » Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 am

I felt like this has a solid structure in a way, a foundation for a song ...but there were a few things that bugged me

The lead and some other parts really are a bit weird in how they are playing off the chord or superimposing a different chord. Somehow this isn't even so bad but unless you want to express some kind of tension/humor I am not sure what you are going for

You could probably go in a few directions with this (for example funny or something very classical) but to me this sounds like it could use a nice chill vibe (probably because the lead is so high in pitch)
I edited your file a bit to put this idea into practice, adding some drums, bass lines and echos... and removing some of the more unstable notes (again they are not necessarily bad but i couldn't quite feel them in the original). I also sped up the song because I felt like it. Personally I felt like the bass could go up an octave
It's far from perfect, actually it would be great if you or someone else could improve on it if you ever feel like it, but you get the idea
Attachments
Farrokh Bulsara suggestions.ftm
(35.18 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Return to “Original Music”