The Necromancer [2A03 and FamiTracker 0cc]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
turbochop

The Necromancer [2A03 and FamiTracker 0cc]

Postby turbochop » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:41 am

Hey all, long time no post!

TL;DR I made a song I'm rather proud of, see attached. The song was composed in Famitracker 0cc, but it is compatible with BETA 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little backstory for this piece...

Some day I would like to remake an old DOS game called Catacomb Armageddon, and I imagined what a trailer would look like if I made it in Unity, and how the accompanying score would sound. I've had an idea bouncing around in my head for some time now, allow me to set the scene for you.

The (camera) pans right to left to a wide shot of a Necromancer, whose most striking feature is his flaming hair which casts light upon his skeletal figure along with his tattered ornate red and gold cloak. (pan Alter, Left to right) He stands before a large candle-laden altar, a fully clothed cadaver rests across its cold marble surface, a sigil etched into the forehead. (Multiple angles of surrounding tables) Flanking the sorcerer on either side are tables littered with spell books and reagents.

(Cut to bowl, then to Sand) The lich selects a bowl from the menagerie surrounding him and takes a scoop from the Sands of Time in his right hand, (cut to bottle) and in his left he deftly snatches a long-necked bottle of Elixir of Life (camera behind Necromancer, slowly dolly out) and pops the cork in one smooth motion. He slowly raises bowl and bottle, and the ritual begins...

( Cut to bottle close up...)The Necromancer swiftly tips the mouth of the bottle and deposits a small amount of its contents (Corpse forehead) directly onto the sigil, returning life to the corpse,(perspective shot from left) and with a swoop of the right hand evenly coats the entire altar with sand, nullifying the rapid re-aging process. (behind) Both items are then returned to their places,(Forehead) and the sorcerer firmly presses his thumb on the sigil, causing it to glow and sear, sealing the enchantment and completing the ritual.

The cadaver's eyes snap open, revealing blood red glowing eyes with bright yellow irises.

"Rise, slave."

(Behind, wide)

The Lich takes one step back as the newly revived husk slowly sits up, enslaved for eternity.

"I, Nemesis, am your master now, and I shall set you on your task"

(left of Nemesis, facing right. Hologram in frame)

Nemesis conjures a hologram. The hologram depicts a fit young man wearing a brown cloak, firing a magick missile from his right hand and wielding a long staff capped with a crystal ball in his left.

(Nemesis close-up, Kubrick stare)

"Your duty, your...errand, indeed the whole point of your existence as of this day; Destroy Petton Everhail! Now GO!"

(Zombie close-up)

The zombie's eyes glow even brighter, and (Behind, wide) it dutifully sets off toward the camera.

Cut to black with sinister laughter.

Title card
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR

Phew.

I may have gotten a little carried away there, sorry about that. Please let me know what you guys think! I feel I have grown substantially since my very first post on these forums, I can actually make something other than covers now! I'm still learning how to actually READ music, but I have you guys here at the Famitracker forums to thank for all the support you have given me, I really wouldn't have made it this far without you!

I hope you guys like what I have come up with so far!

Catacomb Trailer.ftm
(6.43 KiB) Downloaded 38 times