[VRC6] Level 1 Music

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
BottleFact

[VRC6] Level 1 Music

Postby BottleFact » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:00 am

Hi! This is my first post on the Famitracker forums, and this is the first piece of music I've finished with Famitracker.

I'm using it for the first level of a game I'm working on for a school project, and I'm pretty proud of it. It uses the Konami VRC6 module and no DPCM.
Attachments
SJA Level 1.ftm
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
The music people make with the Famicom.. fills you with determination.

iYamWhatIYam

Re: [VRC6] Level 1 Music

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:16 pm

For a first, it's really nice. However, I'd like to offer a few suggestions:

-All your channels are blasting at full volume (typical for beginners; I did it too). Try using the column next to note placement to adjust your volume. (You can use 0-F, or 0-9, then A-F.)
-You can use effects to change pitch, mute a single column, and tons of other things too. Look here for all possible effects you can use.

You definitely have potential and an obvious ear for harmony. Keep it up!
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

BottleFact

Postby BottleFact » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks for the advice! I've used the volume column in my new original (check threads for Game Over music). I already knew about the effects, it's just that I don't really need to use them much to create the sound I want. I tend to do vibrato and the like in the instrument editor since I don't have to go through and change all the effects just to modify a parameter.
The music people make with the Famicom.. fills you with determination.

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:39 pm

I couldn't care less if this thread last saw a post 300 years before the discovery of the fucking sun—I DEMAND that this be heard by more people. It is OVERWHELMINGLY good.

edit (dec. 17th, 2015 @ 3:07 am):
found a dork trying to geek a chicken when in roman country
looked the man in his slightly concealed eyes after the feed was done, and from the corner of his dirtied mouthchicken lips, he slung a thick, red stream of chicken milkplasm a into the dirt and olives below

i edited your track because i really like it, and i saw the opportunity for expansion
i didn't do everything that can be done—and the development is far too quick, but this isn't a finished cover intended to outdo the original regardless
you get 15.26 kb out of 15.26 kb
Attachments
SJA Level 1 (DH Fucks Around).ftm
i'll see you in shoes, my
(15.26 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Last edited by decomposinghorse on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Roflo

Postby Roflo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:53 pm

It's simple but effective :p

Return to “Original Music”