[MMC5] sterne - Untitled (WIP)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
sterne

[MMC5] sterne - Untitled (WIP)

Postby sterne » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Here's my first serious original.

I've only mapped out the intro so far- as such I've abruptly ended it on an unfinished frame.

Tell me what you think- worth continuing?

UPDATE
I have finished the song which will now be the Intro music for an OST. It now loops smoothly.
See "ostWIPsterne"
Attachments
ostWIPsterne.ftm
Final draft of first song- more to come
(13.57 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
WIP1sterne.ftm
very first draft of intro.
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Last edited by sterne on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
But... why?

Livoh773

Re: [MMC5] sterne - Untitled (WIP)

Postby Livoh773 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:21 am

Do you think is worth continuing? Is your journey after all. I do think is worth continuing, as I enjoyed all the work so far.

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:31 am

This is pretty nice. It's very atmospheric; although, it's rather strange that it comes to a complete halt at the end. I would cushion that out some.
born to fuck life is a die

she/her

Slammin

Postby Slammin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:39 am

Sound really nice. Give a credits-esque/good ending feel to it.
Oh, hi 'v'^... Here's my YouTube.... and remember: I'm most certainly not a bear-dinosaur-man-thing...
I guess...

sterne

Postby sterne » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:45 am

iYamWhatIYam wrote:This is pretty nice. It's very atmospheric; although, it's rather strange that it comes to a complete halt at the end. I would cushion that out some.

It's not ending there.
But... why?

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:40 pm

The updated module makes my ears sing along. Seeing as how this track is going to be part of an OST, I hope that the melody makes a return in one of the tracks; it sounds as if you'd set this up for that sort of thing, as most times, not all the channels are being used, and it's almost always perfectly ripe for further expansion, but what is already presented is not lacking.
I know that you were probably referring to the track that you have already completed, but as for the rest, it's not even a matter of question; you should absolutely continue with this project as much as you can. Please continue with this.

Also, if you eventually find that the MMC5 is too limited for what you're doing (though it wasn't here), keep in mind that there should be no shame in using a more versatile expansion chip. Especially if you can make great use of it—which, in the case of the first module you had shared, you'd demonstrated some real fine next-level VRC6 work!
Of course, you're the composer. You obviously should choose what you use as you see fit—just, I get the feeling that some people feel that using the more advanced chips (aside from the VRC7, as most of the time, it seems to be pretty niche) or even the DPCM is "cheating". Of course, there's nothing wrong with aspiring to create as much as one can with very little, but creating even more with the assistance of more capable hardware is great, too.
Eh—just getting that out there, in the event that it's an idea that has in fact gotten around.

sterne

Postby sterne » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:26 am

decomposinghorse wrote:The updated module makes my ears sing along. Seeing as how this track is going to be part of an OST, I hope that the melody makes a return in one of the tracks; it sounds as if you'd set this up for that sort of thing, as most times, not all the channels are being used, and it's almost always perfectly ripe for further expansion, but what is already presented is not lacking.
I know that you were probably referring to the track that you have already completed, but as for the rest, it's not even a matter of question; you should absolutely continue with this project as much as you can. Please continue with this.

Also, if you eventually find that the MMC5 is too limited for what you're doing (though it wasn't here), keep in mind that there should be no shame in using a more versatile expansion chip. Especially if you can make great use of it—which, in the case of the first module you had shared, you'd demonstrated some real fine next-level VRC6 work!
Of course, you're the composer. You obviously should choose what you use as you see fit—just, I get the feeling that some people feel that using the more advanced chips (aside from the VRC7, as most of the time, it seems to be pretty niche) or even the DPCM is "cheating". Of course, there's nothing wrong with aspiring to create as much as one can with very little, but creating even more with the assistance of more capable hardware is great, too.
Eh—just getting that out there, in the event that it's an idea that has in fact gotten around.

I actually moved the OST to it's own thread rather than this WIP one. I've got a 4th song nearly ready at this point, but 3 are on that post. I named the OST "Adventure of Gen" for no real reason other than the fact that it sounds vaguely NES-game like. There you'll find the Select Save loop and a short little ditty for completing a stage.
But... why?

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:46 am

sterne wrote:go 2 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1133

oh
furgive me i can't see shit ::v  )v  )
Last edited by decomposinghorse on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sterne

Postby sterne » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:48 am

decomposinghorse wrote:
sterne wrote:go 2 viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1133

oh
furgive me i can't see shit :v)

Nothing to forgive. You've been very supportive of me.
But... why?