Cadmium Strength (incomplete) (5-N163)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
decomposinghorse

Cadmium Strength (incomplete) (5-N163)

Postby decomposinghorse » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 am

welcome to my blog
comments don't require mod approvel here!!!! ANARCHYthat's not necessarily indicative of anarchy you fucknut
t w i l i g h    t :    a r t h o u  s e
more like fuckin' crackhouse
DAAAHAHAHAHAHA
i am never going to finish this in my current state

started in october filename 2015, fucked around for years

the most heartfelt, beautiful apology to oneself that a dead person could ever hope to make this one is better than this one
dr. rabbit yanks out some fuckin' kid's teeth in a forced, though intimate and eventually entirely willing session of mercury-free dentistry that one is better than that one
Attachments
october 08th, 2015.ftm
(82.46 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by decomposinghorse on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Potentialing

Re: Cadmium Strength (incomplete) (5-N163)

Postby Potentialing » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 am

I'm not too big of a fan of the cryptic posting, but as far as the song goes:

This is a very moody piece! I hear a lot of colorful things in this piece, and it feels very sensitive! I really like all of those little details you scattered throughout the song, including some clever use of detune to bring it all together. There's not much of a melody here, but I feel the instrumental pretty much speaks for itself already, and it sends a really strong message to me.

Actually, the loop sounds fine to me too, and you could probably fade it out after a couple of loops and call the track finished... Although in the end it really depends on how you intend on telling the song's story. Track #2 was fun to listen to as well. Overall, great work with the piece! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!

By the way, we haven't met before, have we? : )

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:31 am

Potentialing wrote:`v´

you had previously commented a couple times or more on a thread that i had created in the past for my second creation in famitracker, dilly dally until suicide. i'm almost certain that was our only other interaction.

glad to read that there is some enjoyment to be had in the loop—though, it's actually not something that i can claim any substantial amount of credit for; i lifted the melody from the beach boys' wouldn't it be nice, because i'm shameless, we're in india in the 80s, and wouldn't it be nice is just perplexing and haunting and beautiful and i couldn't help but enjoy having it coursing through my icy brain when i crammed its exceptional merit through famitracker, using the instruments that i already had made. if brian wilson were dead, he'd be spinning in his grave—but instead, he spins around in a circle in bed every night. my apologies to brian for essentially wrecking his mattress and creating a vastly inferior rendition of just a component of his practically unrivaled track—but at least in the case of his mattress, you know what they say; "buy another one, you rich motherfucker!"

shall i ever have the mind and ability to extend upon this module in an appreciable manner, i most certainly will; i post it now out of uncertainty, and perhaps a bit of carelessness. the looping section will not be there in the end, and in addition to the added length and depth of the title track, i'll likely expand upon the second track.

and, uhh... while bringing up previous threads, my third track was largely expanded upon from the time that i had initially posted it, and its more complete form is up in its original thread; i edited the thread months after it had been pushed back off the first few pages, though, so it didn't have much of a chance at recognition at all. if anyone cares to inquire, its name is there is a cab calling.

Tobikomi

Postby Tobikomi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:34 am

I love how unique this! You are one of those people that try to push the limits in the software, even if there is an expansion module! Nice ork!
ぼくのなまえはブライアン(とびこみ)だ。はじめまして!
My name is Bryan (Tobikomi). Nice to meet you!

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bryan-ness-699934457/tracks
My Chipmusic: http://chipmusic.org/gameputer_bryan3

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Tobikomi wrote:`v´

dem's very kind words
thanks!

"kindly lick feedback with large pig tongues,"
in abundance: dust bowls
the dust bowl represents cows throughout history
don't forget to mention how there was so much dust that it could fill an elevator
there was so much dust, it filled an elevator
good

kfaraday

Postby kfaraday » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 pm

<33

Return to “Original Music”