Clash with the Thunder King (VRC6), 6/10ths Finished

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
bidy2014@web.de

Re: Clash with the Thunder King (VRC6), 6/10ths Finished

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:18 am

MechaGrapefruit wrote:Added a bunch to this, so I thought I'd post it in a new topic, rather than unearth the old one (where people seemed to be downloading the very first version rather than scroll down), and there's enough added that it seems justified. Still going to add in a few more boss tunes (they take me longer than sin to get right), credits/opening, menu themes, and possibly another act's worth of level themes. Let me know if you have any suggestions, critiques, compliments, hate mail, or fun facts about Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu (I always enjoy new fun facts about Nicolae Ceaușescu)

EDIT: VERSION BELOW HAS BEEN UPDATED
Clash with the Thunder King 0.7.ftm

I dowloaded this a year ago, long time before i joined the forum and now i just randomly found back to this page. Cool. I really love this, especially Electrofantasia, The watchful Dark and Thunder Helix. Also i hope you finish Floodplains, because in my opinion this soundtrack has a lot of potentional.
"I'm...wierd." - describing myself, November 2018
Oh and if you're bored you can send something to this:
[URL] B14music@web.de

MechaGrapefruit

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Hey again! So, right as I finished another handful of tracks... my computer completely died.
But! I got a new one.
But! It's a very used Mac.
But! I found the single Windows emulator that seems to function on it.
But! It's frustratingly slowly.
SO I've redone one of the tracks I had added to the soundtrack (5-2, Rising Gravity), and honestly like it much better than on the first (lost to time) take. I've also added a totally new track (3-1, Skipstep Ebb), and may tinker with it a bit (specifically, fill in a few empty channels), but I honestly like its relative simplicity. Probably scrapping Floodplains since Skipstep Ebb fills its role (better, in my eyes), and I had no idea where I was going with it.
The rest of the progress (including tinkering with some of the mixing on various songs) may come slowish, thanks to this Mac, but it will come. I am definitely going to finish this - let me know if you all have any more comments.

Edited module is in the very first post.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -
Bleep bloop, bleep bleep bloop.

LokiStriker

Postby LokiStriker » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:26 am

dude... cant have enough of this soundtrack, REAALLY looking foward to the game!
Do you have a website or any forum where talk about the game?

Fav. Tracks:
-Trapped
-Flash of the Flint
-Electrofantasia
-Floodplains
You always knew my weak spot, and you knew my breaking point...
Oh... how you loved to kill me...

SoundCloud.com/lokistriker

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:01 am

This is awesome! Flash of the Flint is my all time favorite; it sounds like it would be right at home in Shovel Knight.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 am

I love the 461 and 496 in the triangle effect, it's awesome !
Edit: those effects with triangle and sawtooth, how do you make them ?

MechaGrapefruit

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:00 pm

It's sounding like people are fans of Floodplains, so I may figure out a way to work that one back in. MagicSpider, if you're referring to the vibrato, I'll usually apply a light level every note (461), and then go much heavier for extended/higher notes to give it that bass-y twang (496).
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -

Strate

Postby Strate » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:59 pm

I really like this soundtrack, but one thing I'd say could be better is the first and last part of The Watchful Dark (especially the last part though, due to the addition of the sawtooth). Specifically, I think the low notes overwhelm the others and it makes those parts sound...messy. Not sure how else to describe it.

Other than that, I love the whole soundtrack. My favorite tracks are The Dancing Dark, Trapped, and Clash with the Thunder King.

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:43 pm

I have a question: how much of this game are you doing? Are you just working on the music, are you doing the whole thing, Daisuke Amaya style, or something in the middle?

MechaGrapefruit

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:55 pm

If I have miscommunicated, I apologize, but as much as I would love to make this a game, there is little intention for that to actually happen. I'm writing the OST as though there were a game, and I have gameplay in mind, but my programming abilities are limited, and without support (and now that I've had to move to a Mac for the time being), it just won't happen. I'm not sure that affects the validity of the OST (especially since I usually go about planning out tracks based on the imagined gameplay of each level, like I did for CrestCurse), but to be clear: unless something radically changes, no game is coming out of this.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:09 pm

Oh, okay. It's still a great soundtrack regardless! I'm planning on learning programming soon, so if that goes well Clash of the Thunder King may become a reality.

Return to “Original Music”