Sea Shanty Shuffle (VRC6)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
GrapeCrush

Sea Shanty Shuffle (VRC6)

Postby GrapeCrush » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 am

Right, so I was sitting on the chord progression for a good while, and eventually, I decided to just build the whole song around it. One could call it in exercise in minimalism. On the VRC6 channels, I used an Tremelo and a lower octaved normal instrument in order to try and create a distorted organ sound, and I think I got it right. Tell me what you think of all the sounds, and also, heads, the drums are super quiet, and I've not yet figured out how alleviate that issue, so for now, just pretend.

Anyways, yeah. Tell me what you like, what you didn't like, and all that super fun stuff.

Thanks in advance.

(ps. Oh, btw, if you're wondering about all the unused instruments, I use one module for all my VRC6 stuff so I don't lose the instruments sounds, so alot of them are used in other stuff I haven't posted yet.)

EDIT: New version with solo and less jarring disonance.
Attachments
sea.ftm
(44.1 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Rock N' Roll McDonalds

Torowin

Re: Sea Shanty Shuffle (VRC6)

Postby Torowin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:41 am

This is so cool, very classic rock! I love the break down in the middle so much, the silence creates so much tension. And that solo sounds close to what I'd hear on an actual electric guitar.

Only thing is I think it'd sound much better going faster, it gives it that BOSS BATTLE feel.
but maybe the slow thing is what you were going for.
Either way, great original track. :D

Return to “Original Music”