Enemy Hall

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
MagicSpider

Enemy Hall

Postby MagicSpider » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 am

Hi.
Can I have your critics about the music ? It's the final improvement of my previous attachement.
Attachments
Enemy Hall.ftm
Final improvement
(25.24 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Enemy Hall.ftm
(16.84 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by MagicSpider on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graypesoda

Re: Enemy Hall

Postby graypesoda » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:03 am

I see what you're going for! Nice job, but here are some things I think could use a bit of improvement:

- The general structure is a little all over the place... maybe try repeating some parts, and stick with one idea before jumping to the next one
- The DPCM is going nuts! Maybe try to space it out a bit, at the moment it sounds like a constant TACKATACKATACKATACKA and it could be a lot better :)
- Some channels are playing the exact same note on the exact same pitch, and that's creating some strange distortion...
Maybe try putting a P81 on one channel and a P7F on the other.
OR
Try to make one play an octave above or an octave below the other channel to avoid this clashing
- As much as you don't want to give names to your instruments, it helps assist anyone who listens to your track to see exactly how you made certain sounds and it looks much more professional. I'd definitely say to try and name at least SOME of your instruments :)

All in all, great start! I see some potential in the song, maybe try to come up with a main "theme" and repeat it throughout the song, the notes seem a little randomly placed right now. Anyway, take care, and I dont mean any of my critiques in a mean way : All I ever want to do is help you out! Peace

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:19 am

Thanks you for your help ! But I didn't understand: Where should I put a P81 and a P7F ? I don't know how works the Pxx effect, and where are the stange distortion ?

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:26 pm

I made the very last improvement of the music.
Attachments
Enemy Hall.ftm
(21.21 KiB) Downloaded 49 times