New to the forums - Some songs

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Producer-san

New to the forums - Some songs

Postby Producer-san » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Hello everyone.

I am very new to FamiTracker, making music and trying things out. I thought FamiTracker is a nice way to just go and expand my horizons and I already went through the board to discover a lot of great tracks by others.

Obviously, I am not close to as good as many other people here, but I do want to improve so I am bringing myself to stand my ground and post what I have, even if I don't find it that mindblowing after hearing a lot of the tracks here!

Feedback is always appreciated.
Attachments
SecondStep_v2.ftm
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Experimental12P.ftm
(12.44 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Briefing2.ftm
(6.53 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Live as long as you're given the chance to, you might stand still, but your life won't!

TheNoobHunter

Re: New to the forums - Some songs

Postby TheNoobHunter » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:24 am

I really like your arrangements, but I think you should work on the instrumentation a little bit. A great way to learn is by working with expansion chips. It will also give you a much fuller sound. Anyway, welcome to the forums and I wish you the best of luck.

Producer-san

Postby Producer-san » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I have been trying out a few things. Personally I find myself struggling with making unique sounding things by date in terms of instruments. I have not touched the expansions yet, they look mighty powerful though, quite intimidating at that.

Thanks for welcoming me, maybe in a few months I can present something that sounds like more than just a small improvement!
Live as long as you're given the chance to, you might stand still, but your life won't!

FloppyDisk

Postby FloppyDisk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 pm

I agree with TheNoobHunter, the melodies are well done, but the instrumentation is a bit dull. You may also want to give the notes that go on for a while a fade-out or a little vibrato so that some of they don't stagnate. Cheers!
Don't copy that floppy!

I have a Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvooz ... NbuSAKbn5w
There's pretty much nothing there, but y'know, just in case.