A veritable smorgasbord! [2A03]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
meinerHeld

A veritable smorgasbord! [2A03]

Postby meinerHeld » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Pleeease tell me your reactions, criticisms and ideas. :P

Check it out! This one's quite melodic, but it's ambient at the same time and might benefit from playing a few times through.

The attachment healdsburg 2040.ftm is no longer available

These two are inspired by playing Bard's Tale on NES. (Yes, I heard it's a cutdown version of the game.) I love them! Here's a pic for inspiration: http://www.schnittberichte.com/www/SBs/ ... nesbar.jpg

This tavern serves grape juicE.ftm
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

healdsburg 2040.ftm
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Also, this one's *very* experimental. It's basically Chiptunes + Noise. Sort of ambient. Non-melodic. Repeat repeat repeat. .... I seem to have deleted the .ftm file! Oh no! Well here's a link to it on my bandcamp anyway. Click the pic and stare. :|

https://remember1001.bandcamp.com/track/just-a-desert

And here's one just for fun. Eat an onion. It weighs a ton!

beatzzzZz.ftm
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

arethere

Re: A veritable smorgasbord! [2A03]

Postby arethere » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:52 pm

I might be wrong on this but... as far as I know changing the volume on the triangle channel doesn't do anything, it's either on or off

as for the music,
your experimental pieces - it's probably hit or miss for most people and it definitely wasn't for me but I commend you for pursuing the path of creating unconventional music and don't let my words discourage you

I have never even heard of Bard's Tale but I enjoyed fireplace sparks (though the noise channel gets obnoxiously loud at some point but maybe that's the desired effect? it's certainly hard to ignore) the melody captures the sense of a lonely journey quite well in my opinion. Is that the feeling you wanted to convey?
This tavern serves grape juicE is a cute tune
Keep it up

meinerHeld

Postby meinerHeld » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:01 pm

arethere wrote:I might be wrong on this but... as far as I know changing the volume on the triangle channel doesn't do anything, it's either on or off

as for the music,
your experimental pieces - it's probably hit or miss for most people and it definitely wasn't for me but I commend you for pursuing the path of creating unconventional music and don't let my words discourage you

I have never even heard of Bard's Tale but I enjoyed fireplace sparks (though the noise channel gets obnoxiously loud at some point but maybe that's the desired effect? it's certainly hard to ignore) the melody captures the sense of a lonely journey quite well in my opinion. Is that the feeling you wanted to convey?
This tavern serves grape juicE is a cute tune
Keep it up

Yeah you're right about the triangle volume. I have no idea why I did that :P I really appreciate your feedback, even on not being into the experimental stuff. I'm not discouraged! :D As far as the loud fireplace noise, I didn't quite want "obnoxious" :P I might scale it down a bit depending on what other people think of that flare-up part.

I really glad you enjoyed the journey-ish (not the band) tracks. I guess RPG journeys are one-player games in real life, even if it a party of characters in the game. There definitely could be a loneliness to it. And I hope it felt like being next to a warming (heart- and body-) fire, in a colorful yet somewhat unknown land or something. thanks again.

and i'm looking forward to more people's feedback.

meinerHeld

Postby meinerHeld » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:59 am

bump. just looking fo some mo feedback yo

meinerHeld

Postby meinerHeld » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:18 pm

test tes test tesla

Gors

Postby Gors » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 pm

the first two sounds good but the third one even if it's experimental, would benefit from a little more structure instead of random notes

You could try adding more volume dynamics on the square leads too, to make them sound more lively. It works amazingly well when making folk inspired music.

Return to “Original Music”