My Stupid Stuff [BETA]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
TheSecretPoo

My Stupid Stuff [BETA]

Postby TheSecretPoo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:15 am

Still pretty new to Famitracker, and writing music in general. Looking for any feedback on a few of things I've done so far.
Attachments
The Bathroom.ftm
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
BRIADGHE (wip).ftm
(44.98 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Neckbeards Never Die (wip).ftm
(46.08 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

BioMechanicalDude

Re: My Stupid Stuff [BETA]

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:20 pm

This is pretty good for a beginner. All songs have some nice melodies and rhythms, and an interesting sense of humor (never thought I'd be listening to spooky toilet music or songs about MAC AND CHEESE). Overall this is pretty good. For the WIP covers you can expand on the melodies and you can try various effects, to give your instruments some interesting sounds. You can also try playing around with the Duty envelopes. Good job! :)
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

meinerHeld

Postby meinerHeld » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:25 am

This stuff is incredible! You really maniac'ed my mansion. I wouldn't change a beat.

Edit: "we told ya" ? is that what's hidden in one of the DPCM samples?

TheSecretPoo

Postby TheSecretPoo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:44 am

BioMechanicalDude wrote:This is pretty good for a beginner. All songs have some nice melodies and rhythms, and an interesting sense of humor (never thought I'd be listening to spooky toilet music or songs about MAC AND CHEESE). Overall this is pretty good. For the WIP covers you can expand on the melodies and you can try various effects, to give your instruments some interesting sounds. You can also try playing around with the Duty envelopes. Good job! :)

Thanks for the feedback. As you can probably tell, I enjoy making stupid things. :lol:

TheSecretPoo

Postby TheSecretPoo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 am

meinerHeld wrote:Edit: "we told ya" ? is that what's hidden in one of the DPCM samples?

I'm not sure where the drum effects originated, but the voice clips are just recordings of my friend.
The unused stuff is from Cory in the House. Don't ask why.

meinerHeld

Postby meinerHeld » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:10 pm

TheSecretPoo wrote:The unused stuff is from Cory in the House. Don't ask why.

I don't usually use Know Your Meme's site, or I try not to anyway. But today I have fallen in love.

Joblez_I

Postby Joblez_I » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:38 pm

The Bathroom: It's quite nice for a beginner, though I have to say, it's repetitive and could use a bit better instrumentation. I really liked your use of 4xx on the Triangle channel, though while on the subject I should mention that you can't really control how loud a triangle is manually.

BRIADGHE:Not gonna lie, this one made me chuckle. it's very creative how you used the DPCM for lyrics and I'm rather impressed. The only thing I want to say is the fact it's repetitive and could use some more variation.

Neckbeards Never Die: Again, repetitive, but still not bad. I have to admit that this is my least favorite one out of the bunch, it doesn't really do much and it's not very fun to listen to.

Overall, I'd say it's impressive for a beginner but I would recommend you try to add some variety to your music. It's not easy to do (believe me, it's one of the main criticisms I get on my work on average), but it makes your music sound a lot nicer and more enjoyable.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i