HURRY UP, WILL YA?!?! [FTM Compilation/Showcase]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
sparkyrogers

HURRY UP, WILL YA?!?! [FTM Compilation/Showcase]

Postby sparkyrogers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 am

Hey guys. I was toying around with one of my old FTMs and thought of a fun little event/compilation that people on the forum could participate in. I made a sort of Mario style "running out of time" version of the track that I was playing with, complete with the familiar chromatically ascending jingle at the beginning. You can see it here:
Hurry Entry (sparkyrogers).ftm
(82.7 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Now it's your turn, guys! To participate, find an old FTM (or make a new one) that you like and edit it like time's running out. The FTM should consist of 2 songs; the original one and the edited version. Since this is on the "Original Music" forum, I would advise not to cover any existing songs, as it could get you in trouble. You don't have to use the jingle from Mario, you can write your own if you have something else in mind. You can be creative as you want with the rendition, just make sure that it differs from the original track. Now HURRY UP!!

(P.S. I deeply apologize if this sort of thing is against any forum rules, this is my first time posting on the new forums. I looked over the rules and it didn't mention anything about it, so I assumed it was safe)

CaptainSwag101

Re: HURRY UP, WILL YA?!?! [FTM Compilation/Showcase]

Postby CaptainSwag101 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:43 am

Alright, I'll try my hand at speeding things up a bit. I know it's not an "original" piece, but I'm terrible at composing my own music and I really want to participate in this, please don't hate me! Anyway, my entry is my old remix of the "Pursuit ~ Cornered" theme from "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney".

Please note: this FTM was made in the 0.5 beta version of FamiTracker, so you'll need to download it from the "General Talk" section of the forums to play this file.
Hurry Entry (CaptainSwag101).ftm
(32.68 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

P.S. Listen for the DPCM "Objection" at the beginning, it's kinda quiet!
Last edited by CaptainSwag101 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radnyx

Postby Radnyx » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:42 am

This is a really cool idea for a showcase. So I decided to hurry up one of my songs.
Attachments
Hurry Entry (Radnyx).ftm
(18.79 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

TheMudkipMaster12

Postby TheMudkipMaster12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 am

This is interesting! Here's my entry =P
Attachments
Hurry Entry (TheMudkipMaster12).ftm
(37.86 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
"It's funny because cool, means cold." -Savestate, Feb. 17, 2016

HI IM KIPPTUNE AND THIS IS MY OLD ACCOUNT LOL

sparkyrogers

Postby sparkyrogers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:14 am

CaptainSwag101 wrote:Alright, I'll try my hand at speeding things up a bit. I know it's not an "original" piece, but I'm terrible at composing my own music and I really want to participate in this, please don't hate me!

I don't hate you, don't worry haha. Though, I must ask this. What version of FamiTracker are you using? I keep trying to download yours, and it's giving me an error message stating that yours was created in a newer version of FamiTracker. The same thing happened for mudkip down there. I'm using 0.4.6, btw.

TheMudkipMaster12

Postby TheMudkipMaster12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:48 am

sparkyrogers wrote:I don't hate you, don't worry haha. Though, I must ask this. What version of FamiTracker are you using? I keep trying to download yours, and it's giving me an error message stating that yours was created in a newer version of FamiTracker. The same thing happened for mudkip down there. I'm using 0.4.6, btw.

You have to download the 0.5.0 preview beta. The link is in General Talk I think.
"It's funny because cool, means cold." -Savestate, Feb. 17, 2016

HI IM KIPPTUNE AND THIS IS MY OLD ACCOUNT LOL

MrKyurem

Postby MrKyurem » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:00 am

I might revise this track, it actually wasn't that bad. EIther way, speedy version entry.

This is for the 0.5 beta.
Attachments
Gotta Go Fast Slides.ftm
ur 2 slo
(32.1 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

recme

Postby recme » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:41 am

heres my entry. use the 5.0 beta
Attachments
Hurry Entry (recme).ftm
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 64 times