I'm having troubles with a game soundtrack

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Threxx

Re: I'm having troubles with a game soundtrack

Postby Threxx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:52 pm

i would say this thread is a joke but i know better about this forum

delete this, learn actual music theory and start over. this is not salvagable

Psionic

Postby Psionic » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 am

Well, I would make an original comment, but someone posted something on my thread a few days ago that just makes sense and holds true to your works. This is what he said. Take his advice.

Some good advice would be to take a break from the forums for a while and focus on studying other songs and seeing what they do. I'd avoid posting any further songs until your work reaches a much higher quality. This may take some time(it was a year and a half for me) but I'm sure it will work out well for you...See what sounds good and what doesn't. Look at good Famitracker songs and look at the techniques they use. Look at non-Famitracker songs and see the techniques they use and see if they translate well to Famitracker. Study keys, chords and other musical elements. The key is to always ask yourself, "How can I do this better?" and then do it better. If you do that long enough, you'll almost certainly see improvements over time.

Granted, I never listened to him and I got slightly better overnight. Maybe it was because I wasn't feeling it and I literally spent WEEKS trying to make something that would be feasible, but don't let that little thing strike you down, because you have a goal in mind whereas I don't. You shouldn't do what I've been doing and force yourself to make something. Let the creative process just do its thing.
"THE TRAGEDY...OF...MACBETH...ACT FIVE...SCENE FIVE...SCENE FIVE...DUNSINANE...WITHIN THE CASTLE. ENTER MACBETH, SATAN, AND SOLDIERS...WITH DRUM...AND COLORRRRrRrRrRrRr..."

ChadBro2206

Postby ChadBro2206 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:55 am

Hey sorry to burst your bubble, but #21 - Boss Battle / #22 - Final Dialogue is largely Bloody Tears from Caslevania. Listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjazC45Qkww

Just felt like I needed to throw that out there, for, ya know, legal reasons.
And it came to pass...

ZeroJanitor

Postby ZeroJanitor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:36 am

I gotta admit I kinda like the Purple Devil theme. I know it's just a remix of the Yellow Devil theme but I thought the first frame leading into the rest of the song was cool.

BBLIR

Postby BBLIR » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Keep in mind that my talent and interests are in art, not music. The only reason I'm composing the sountracks for my games is because, when I started them, I had no-one to make them for me.

ChadBro2206 wrote:Hey sorry to burst your bubble, but #21 - Boss Battle / #22 - Final Dialogue is largely Bloody Tears from Caslevania. Listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjazC45Qkww

Just felt like I needed to throw that out there, for, ya know, legal reasons.

Uh, yeah...
I copy-pasted stuff from a Bloody Tears cover.
I WAS 12, OK!

ZeroJanitor wrote:I gotta admit I kinda like the Purple Devil theme. I know it's just a remix of the Yellow Devil theme but I thought the first frame leading into the rest of the song was cool.

Thank you.
I took some inspiration from rushjet's remix.

arethere

Postby arethere » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:06 pm

if you have no interest in music or receiving criticism what is the point of this thread
do you want other people to make your music for you? if so, at least outright say it

Psionic

Postby Psionic » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:00 pm

arethere wrote:if you have no interest in music or receiving criticism what is the point of this thread
do you want other people to make your music for you? if so, at least outright say it

And I gave him legitimate advice. Feel like I wasted my time. Thread truly is un-salvagable.
"THE TRAGEDY...OF...MACBETH...ACT FIVE...SCENE FIVE...SCENE FIVE...DUNSINANE...WITHIN THE CASTLE. ENTER MACBETH, SATAN, AND SOLDIERS...WITH DRUM...AND COLORRRRrRrRrRrRr..."

BBLIR

Postby BBLIR » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:30 pm

The reason I didn't ask any-one to do my soundtracks, is beacause I didn't know who to ask. But when I did know who to ask, I didn't know how to do it and how it's going to go.
The biggest concern I have is wha are the requierements; is it free, do I need to provide salary, how to do that, ect.
What I made is basically filler until I got someone to do it for me.
And on top of all that, i'm not even sure if mission 9000 is going to go anywhere.
I mean, in 3 years (including the gap), I'm not even half-way through making chapter 1, let alone the whole thing.
And that's just the graphics; not a single line of code has been written, since I'm terrible at legit coding (I was able to make some small stuff with Gamemaker 8, but since Yoyogames doesn't sell GM8 anymore, they're preety much all doomed).
The only part of development for 9000 are the concepts, ideas and story.
Also...
Can someone tell me how to delete this, you guys aren't the only ones who want to get rid of this.

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:00 pm

There should be a "delete" option if you try to edit your OP.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

BBLIR

Postby BBLIR » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Before I delete this post, can someone clear up my concerns?