"Background Tracks" [VRC6]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Uyron

"Background Tracks" [VRC6]

Postby Uyron » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:16 am

Hey there, I'm new around here. So I guess I'll show off some of the stuff I've made.
I'm not too good at this Famitracker stuff, I haven't using it for very long, but I think I've managed to make my way around thanks to some help.

Anyways, here are the actual pieces. These are kinda just meant to be "background music" [not to anything specific, just the style] so they're not too complex and loop. They were made using the more recent Beta [5.0?] release of FT. Hope you like 'em.

Internet Connection.ftm
(11.32 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

This Is The Water Level.ftm
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

SeemsSoUnfair

Re: "Background Tracks" [VRC6]

Postby SeemsSoUnfair » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Holy crap I am deeply in love with This Is The Water Level. I can picture myself the level so easily. It's both catchy and relaxing, the looping "Bubbles" synth combined to the slow, spacey lead make it really pleasant.

Joblez_I

Re: "Background Tracks" [VRC6]

Postby Joblez_I » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Internet Connection:
Ok, so this track is alright in my opinion but has some problems. I feel as though the bass and the lead should be a bit louder, and the composition should be rewritten a bit. The track doesn't really go anywhere and is a bit short, and could benefit from some more writing and better audio mixing. Overall, not bad, it kinda reminds me of the NES Castlevanias, but could use some work to make it even better.

This Is The Water Level:
I can't help but be reminded of Mega Man due to the lead and tone, which is quite nice, but I do have some gripes with the lead. Personally not a fan of rows 0C and 0E, the slides take me out of the song a bit. I made an edited version (which is the attachment I put there) that uses the second lead and echoes it along with some editing on the drums to make them pop out a bit more. Really love the "Bubbles Synth" though, really nice touch to the song and makes it sound quite nice on most rows.

This Is The Water Level.ftm
(11.3 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

I have to admit I'm impressed by the actual quality of the work, you clearly have an understanding of composing music. Definitely better than my first works. Keep it up.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i