Skellboy Complete Soundtrack (VRC6) 0.5b (actually 0CC-FT now)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Chippybippers

Re: Skellboy Complete Soundtrack (VRC6) 0.5b

Postby Chippybippers » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 am

This soundtrack is a perfect example of how to get the most mileage out of a good melody. Like, all the songs seem to come from the same base but they're done in such different ways that they still manage to be their own separate things. Truly inspiring.

Bjoern the Smexy

Postby Bjoern the Smexy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:03 am

Chippybippers wrote:This soundtrack is a perfect example of how to get the most mileage out of a good melody. Like, all the songs seem to come from the same base but they're done in such different ways that they still manage to be their own separate things. Truly inspiring.

It just goes to show what you can accomplish by listening to the Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack all day :D

ChadBro2206

Postby ChadBro2206 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:04 am

I absolutely love it. Completely and absolutely. Thanks for sharing! I very much look forward to hearing more of your stuff :D And Banjo-Kazooie's soundtrack is very underrated, and I totally see the influence.
And it came to pass...

Slammin

Postby Slammin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Really, really good. Talking about its features and positive things on this it would be copy-pasting what everybody else said, so, a big thumbs-up for you!
Oh, hi 'v'^... Here's my YouTube.... and remember: I'm most certainly not a bear-dinosaur-man-thing...
I guess...

Bjoern the Smexy

Postby Bjoern the Smexy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:43 am

Excuse me for bumping the thread, but I just added a new FTM file to the OP that adds a new song (a credits song!) and most of the sound effects of the game (used and unused; please don't use these sound effects in your own creations!).
This is basically the last version of the soundtrack before it was decided that it should use more than just one sound chip (namely the VRC6, MMC5 and FDS soundchips), hence I moved all of my work to 0CC-FamiTracker (which everyone should use, but that's a story for another thread). The complete and new soundtrack will also be mixed in Stereo, something that's not even possible on the NES, oh my god!

We are currently working on Skellboy again with a rough release date of "maybe still 2017" and plan to release it on Steam, itch.io and wherever else possible, so sadly I can't post much of the upgraded soundtrack on here until a possible later date.
The only new song I can post for now (only in link form from Soundcloud) is this one:
Those Teeth Have Hair

This song is a new boss theme. That boss is supposed to be fought in the forest (hence its similarity to the style and name of the forest theme "Those Trees Have Eyes").
It's actually a very strange style I have never done before in any of my works. It was a lot of fun and during its creation I found out so many awesome things about what I can actually do with FamiTracker (or rather 0CC-FamiTracker). Without the ability to use multiple soundchips this song would not have been possible.
I found myself giggling like a little girl at those short pauses in the song for some reason. I love it when music makes me laugh and I love it even more when MY music makes me laugh.
By the way, the monster you see in the image for the song is said boss. Of course it attacks you with ram attacks and its tongue because you're trying to steal its beautiful beautiful toupée, which you need to disguise yourself as a beautiful beautiful princess to get into the beautiful beautiful castle. Beautiful beautiful.

I hope I can soon show you some other new tracks and/or expanded tracks, if you are interested at least :D

Return to “Original Music”