Porchlight [2A03] (Version 2 bois)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Chippybippers

Porchlight [2A03] (Version 2 bois)

Postby Chippybippers » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 am

I think I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. Whipped this one up just today. This tune sorta draws inspiration from those kinda simple, easy-to-play southern guitar songs. Somethin' ol granpappy would be playing while sitting out on the front porch, or something like that (Hence, Porchlight). I just kinda picked up a melody and built upon it.

Thoughts?

Edit: I've found that the hardest problem to fix with a song is repetitive melodies. 'cause when you're trying to come up with a replacement, all 'ya think about is the existing melody. Nonetheless, I did tack on a segment to the end that sounds kinda nice. This song definitely has plenty more tweaking to go, but I could definitely use y'all's feedback since I can listen to this nonstop without noticing any real issues (hubris).
Attachments
Porchlight.ftm
the original, outdated now
(10.29 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by Chippybippers on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Caller

Re: Porchlight [2A03]

Postby The Caller » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Well, this is... really interesting. Definitely different.

I really like the southern feel it has, and I can clearly picture a porch song of sorts. I really like that. Though, the melody feels a little bit... repetitive. And maybe it was meant to be like that, which is likely, but still, not something that pleases me. Also, the constant 426 effect on the Triangle channel is... mildly annoying. Maybe you could look forward to changing that, but that's up to you.

Overall, not a bad song. Not at all. It's pretty nice.

Chippybippers

Re: Porchlight [2A03]

Postby Chippybippers » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Huh. I personally couldn't notice the effects of the 426 on the triangle channel. Just kinda left them in. But if they're unnoticeable at best and annoying at worst, I'll be sure to take them out.
And yeah, the melody was kinda intended to be repetitive. Something easy to play, but also easy to build upon. Though I'm thinking if and when I revise this I'll go for a bit more variation, at least towards the end.

'preciate the feedback.

Chippybippers

Re: Porchlight [2A03] (Version 2 bois)

Postby Chippybippers » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:58 am

I've made some edits, added some segments, and have found the need for user feedback once again.
Attachments
Porchlight.ftm
New! Updated! Fresh!
(8.86 KiB) Downloaded 44 times