A Miner's Husk [VRC6]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
The Caller

A Miner's Husk [VRC6]

Postby The Caller » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:04 pm

This is... supposed to be a underground-themed song. Though, I feel like there's something wrong with it, but I can't quite point my finger at it.

That's about what I have to say. Feedback is welcome.
Attachments
A Miner's Husk [VRC6].ftm
(43.84 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Chippybippers

Re: A Miner's Husk [VRC6]

Postby Chippybippers » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Honestly, this is pretty solid as is. Can definitely feel the underground theme you're going for. If there's ANYTHING I'd change, and this is just a minor nitpick, perhaps you could cut down on the arps you have for the lead in the last 4 frames. I see it's split into two channels, so maybe try having one with arp and one without? Other than that, nothing comes to mind in terms of potential improvements.

The Caller

Postby The Caller » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Chippybippers wrote:Honestly, this is pretty solid as is. Can definitely feel the underground theme you're going for. If there's ANYTHING I'd change, and this is just a minor nitpick, perhaps you could cut down on the arps you have for the lead in the last 4 frames. I see it's split into two channels, so maybe try having one with arp and one without? Other than that, nothing comes to mind in terms of potential improvements.

Hmm...

The arps? Well, truthfully, they're... the best part of the song, in my opinion. I wanted to create an "crystal-like" echoey effect for those frames, and the arps help a lot, so... I don't really know if I'm going to change it or not.

But anyhow, thanks for the criticism.

Chippybippers

Postby Chippybippers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:28 am

Like I said, a minor nitpick. I still REALLY like this song as is, just thought that might be something worth considering. You do you.

Chippybippers

Postby Chippybippers » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:35 am

Y'know what? I retract my minor nitpick. Tried swapping out one of the arp channels with your standard square and it just doesn't have the same PUNCH or PIZAZZ. Now perhaps if the volumes had been fiddled with that could've been improved upon but I'd say keep what you got. 's good stuff.