Pixelozoic!

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Maniraptor muzika

Pixelozoic!

Postby Maniraptor muzika » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Me and a few other guys have recently been working on a video game called Pixelozoic. It's basically a top-down survival game about a Dilophosaurus in the plains of Jurassic Arizona. Going through different stages of life you will be able to.....uuuhhh.....do different things for each stage of life....I....guess...? Being the composer of the team I felt the need to both promote this game and show people my compositions, 'cause god knows I am lonely af. So here are some of the tracks. Keep in mind, the themes for day and night are different, and the themes for juvenile and adult are 2A03 and MMC5 respectively.

the team is comprised of high school students by the way, so don't expect much from us since there's a high chance of cancelling the game due to lack of enthusiasm/skill...ouch.
Attachments
Plains.ftm
Plains (Day) (Juvenile)
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
NightPlains.ftm
Plains (Night) (Juvenile)
(23.3 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Danger.ftm
Danger! (Juvenile)
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
AdultForest.ftm
Forest (Day) (Adult)
(21.23 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
AdultDesert.ftm
Desert (Day) (Adult)
(21.85 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSADBg ... FKJlOJ4vGA

Maniraptor Muzika is a Korean famitracker-er who married with extended chords.

Joblez_I

Re: Pixelozoic!

Postby Joblez_I » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Juvenile Plains - A pretty decent song, fitting for the younger half of the game. A little repetitive with the drums, but that's perfectly fine, as the progression is rather solid everywhere else. Nicely composed with good instrumentation. Reminiscent of a mid-life NES game.

Juvenile Plains(Night) - Very nicely composed. Calming and fits the tone of "Nighttime in the Jurrasic" very well. Lovely use of arpeggiated notes. Simple but effective with the instrumentation as much as it was with Juvenile Plains.

Danger - If I'm going to be completely honest, this could use a bit more work. It's rather short and very repetitive. Its themes are fitting to the situations I would imagine would play out in the game, but I think it could be a bit better.

Adult Forest - Right off the bat, I'm heavily reminded of Streets of Rage and Goldeneye 007. Could stand to be a little quieter on the Pulses to balance out things better, but other than that I can safely say this is my favorite one so far. Would recommend some use of the PXX effect on the 2nd MMC5 pulse, and to make the lead a little louder at frame 0E or just make the strings a bit quieter. Overall, really good.

Adult Desert - Admittedly, I'm not too big a fan of some of the instrumentation on this one, Frame 08 specifically, as the tones of the 0% Pulse are a bit too harsh on the ears to be nice to listen to. would recommend curbing that with a V01 or V02 effect. Outside of that, it's a pretty standard track, being fitting for the themes of the desert with the Egyptian influence on the piece.

Pretty good soundtrack overall, but would recommend mixing the sound a bit better. Looking forward to hear what other pieces will come out of this OST.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i

Maniraptor muzika

Re: Pixelozoic!

Postby Maniraptor muzika » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:08 am

Joblez_I wrote:Juvenile Plains - A pretty decent song, fitting for the younger half of the game. A little repetitive with the drums, but that's perfectly fine, as the progression is rather solid everywhere else. Nicely composed with good instrumentation. Reminiscent of a mid-life NES game.

Juvenile Plains(Night) - Very nicely composed. Calming and fits the tone of "Nighttime in the Jurrasic" very well. Lovely use of arpeggiated notes. Simple but effective with the instrumentation as much as it was with Juvenile Plains.

Danger - If I'm going to be completely honest, this could use a bit more work. It's rather short and very repetitive. Its themes are fitting to the situations I would imagine would play out in the game, but I think it could be a bit better.

Adult Forest - Right off the bat, I'm heavily reminded of Streets of Rage and Goldeneye 007. Could stand to be a little quieter on the Pulses to balance out things better, but other than that I can safely say this is my favorite one so far. Would recommend some use of the PXX effect on the 2nd MMC5 pulse, and to make the lead a little louder at frame 0E or just make the strings a bit quieter. Overall, really good.

Adult Desert - Admittedly, I'm not too big a fan of some of the instrumentation on this one, Frame 08 specifically, as the tones of the 0% Pulse are a bit too harsh on the ears to be nice to listen to. would recommend curbing that with a V01 or V02 effect. Outside of that, it's a pretty standard track, being fitting for the themes of the desert with the Egyptian influence on the piece.

Pretty good soundtrack overall, but would recommend mixing the sound a bit better. Looking forward to hear what other pieces will come out of this OST.

Thanks for the feedback mate! I'll be sure to fix the stuff you mentioned.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSADBg ... FKJlOJ4vGA

Maniraptor Muzika is a Korean famitracker-er who married with extended chords.