My Kill Must Glow: Sting Wave - Preview

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
My-Kill-Must-Glow

My Kill Must Glow: Sting Wave - Preview

Postby My-Kill-Must-Glow » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello! I've recently gotten into composing music for FamiTracker. Here is a two song preview of what I've been working on, the music builds slowly with the intention/hope of rewarding the listener. Songs are around 2 minutes each, I'm using the standard 5 channels. Still new to creating music in this way, but I'm eager to learn tricks of the trade. Looking forward to some feedback on this, enjoy the rest of your day!
Last edited by My-Kill-Must-Glow on Thu May 09, 2019 2:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vagous Magus

Re: My Kill Must Glow: Sting Wave - Preview

Postby Vagous Magus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:29 pm

You should probably release a .ftm file.

ZachJac

Postby ZachJac » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 pm

This is... definitely different, but that's not always a bad thing! This is more akin to ambient noise,(especially with that DPCM) which can sometimes have a pretty neat, almost eerie sound to it, but you miss the mark by a bit. One thing that kinda bothered me was the near absence of any shared tempo among any of the channels. It often felt like each channel was a completely different song layered on top of one another like some musical sandwich. For much of the same reasons, they also didn't really seem to share a specific key signature. But if you organize this in a better way, I could see this as being a really interesting track. Keep working, and I'm sure it'll be great! Also, in the future, I'd recommend attaching an .ftm as well- it makes it easier for people to pick apart the song and give better feedback. Good luck!
Ha! You just wasted your time trying to read this tiny text!

My-Kill-Must-Glow

Postby My-Kill-Must-Glow » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Hello, thank you for the feedback. For both songs, the Pulse 1, Pulse 2 and Triangle channels are playing notes in the key of C using the phrygian scale. The DPCM samples in song two are rooted in C, but not the phrygian scale....so that can lead to a challenging listen. I don't remember what key the DPCM samples are in the first song, but it's not C phrygian...lol. The next songs will focus on uniform harmony between all of the channels. Regarding the tempo, I hear what you mean.....one of my goals for these two particular songs is to create progressive, middle-eastern influenced music that doesn't copy the stereotypical melodies and time signatures, so I personally enjoy moments of chaos mixed with moments that lock-in really well. In the future, I'll push for a better balance between the two. Also, I'll continue refining these first two songs as I build more....it would be nice to get to the point of having a full length album worth of material.....or at least, having enough material to still be compatible with NES flash carts......which is around 256k, correct? If someone can confirm what the typical capacity is for NSF files on flash carts, that would be wonderful. OK, enjoy the rest of your day.

Right, here is the ftm. file:
Last edited by My-Kill-Must-Glow on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheJuanCarlos64

Postby TheJuanCarlos64 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 am

Wait a minute There is a Bug....

I tested the:
0cc-FT 0.3.14.5
BETA 5

But Is Still says (invaild)

Note: My English is not good :(
WARNING: OLD ACCOUNT
Sorry for the Old Username :/

My-Kill-Must-Glow

Postby My-Kill-Must-Glow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:58 am

OK, thank you for letting me know. I've updated the first song and removed the second, for now. The DPCM channel has been reconstructed, removing the more jarring sample and making it easier to digest. Side notes regarding the DPCM channel: The two remaining samples come from one of my original songs called "Announcement". Typically, I master songs at 96000hz. For FamiTracker, I've dropped it down to 22050hz. Volume for the noise channel has been reduced from 4 to 2. Pulse 2 has been heavily reworked to better harmonize with pulse 1, which remains unchanged. Also, no changes were made to the triangle channel. I'm still working on a proper ending instead of an abrupt fade out. Alright, have a good day!
Last edited by My-Kill-Must-Glow on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

My-Kill-Must-Glow

Postby My-Kill-Must-Glow » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Here is the final version of song one. Updated ending, pulse channels are refined and polished, volume for the noise channel has been brought down to 1 and the DPCM channel has been rearranged with more friendly/accessible rhythmic patterns. Hope you enjoy! :D
Last edited by My-Kill-Must-Glow on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

My-Kill-Must-Glow

Postby My-Kill-Must-Glow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:46 am

Changed my mind, lol. Initially, I was going to do two songs in C phrygian. Instead, I've combined those ideas into one song; so THIS is the final version of song one. Now expanded to 2:48 in length.
Last edited by My-Kill-Must-Glow on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maniraptor muzika

Postby Maniraptor muzika » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Whoopdie -doodles.
Last edited by Maniraptor muzika on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSADBg ... FKJlOJ4vGA

Maniraptor Muzika is a Korean famitracker-er who married with extended chords.

My-Kill-Must-Glow

Postby My-Kill-Must-Glow » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Annnnnd people are already using my original samples without giving me credit, last time I'll ever share my ftm. files in this forum. (Great job)

Return to “Original Music”