Stage_1 (2A03+VRC7+FDS)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Joblez_I

Stage_1 (2A03+VRC7+FDS)

Postby Joblez_I » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:41 am

Hey, everyone! Been a while since I posted something, but I'm actually kinda proud of this piece and figured since I hadn't posted to the forums in a while, I said "why not?" and decided to post. Initially, the song was going to be a cover of the Title Theme from Mega Man 2, but after a bit of tinkering it slowly but surely morphed into the creature it is now. I hope you enjoy it!

Stage_1.ftm
0.5 Beta, Please!
(62.77 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

UPDATE: Made a newer version of the track where I got rid of the FDS channel, added some Sunsoft Bass, did some audio mixing, and added a countermelody with the first VRC7 channel.

Stage_1.ftm
0.5 Beta as well here, Thanks!
(20.16 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Last edited by Joblez_I on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i

MagicSpider

Re: Stage_1 (2A03+VRC7+FDS)

Postby MagicSpider » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:22 pm

The music itself is not bad, I like the melody, percussions are really good, I'm mostly talking about the FDS channel. I find the music dramatic and depressive, I like the way you made it.
But it's too blank, VRC7 channels could have been used for a better counterpoint.

LokiStriker

Re: Stage_1 (2A03+VRC7+FDS)

Postby LokiStriker » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Great progression and good melody, but indeed you could have used the VCR7 Channels more.
This song gives the vibe of the hero having to face an unavoidable enemy, but having a heavy heart.
For that I gotta give it props and makes me consider this song a above-average-good.

In the VCR7 topic, you maybe could use the highest note or one below that one in your chords to make the melody more full, or add counter-melodies to the piece, make it feel more conflicting, maybe the hero feels betrayed or lied to. It would give the song more personality as it is.
But good job regardless.
You always knew my weak spot, and you knew my breaking point...
Oh... how you loved to kill me...

SoundCloud.com/lokistriker

Return to “Original Music”