Weren't we? [2A03+VRC7] (Work In Progress)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Sky Yoshi

Weren't we? [2A03+VRC7] (Work In Progress)

Postby Sky Yoshi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:42 pm

So! This is Sky Yoshi.
I decided to make some Original music in VRC7. Which I never used that much.
Anyway, Enjoy!
Weren't we.ftm
(93.16 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Besides, it's not complete. I need to make 4 more music in here.
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

TheMMLC2003

Re: Weren't we? [2A03+VRC7] (Work In Progress)

Postby TheMMLC2003 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:44 pm

this is a really beautiful song, applaud <D

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Thank you!

TheJuanCarlos64

Postby TheJuanCarlos64 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Beautiful Song! :O
WARNING: OLD ACCOUNT
Sorry for the Old Username :/

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:25 am

oh okay. thank you too.

Joblez_I

Postby Joblez_I » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Rain - The chords are quite lovely, and the progression is nice. Love the tone it sets. Pretty nicely done, all things considered.

Happiness - I like the chords & progression here quite a bit too, my only gripe is the fact it's rather short and sounds like it was building up to something when it just ends it there.

Ocean View - One of my favorites. The minor build up to the beat and the bass coming in is nice and the progression is spot on here especially. Good work.

I wonder - My absolute favorite. It pains me a bit to say it's really short, however, and I really hope you extend it. The tone, key, and progression have a really nice build up to the lead and it's pulled off in just the right way.

Imagine Everything - Pretty decent. It gives off a very homey feel and tone, and it reminds me of the Beatles a bit.

Waves - Quite enjoy this one too. "Waves" is a very appropriate name for the track, as it's definitely a track I can imagine playing in a foggy bay level. Very nicely done with the progression. Could hope to see this one extended as well.

Overall, quite lovely! Though it's evident my main gripe is the fact that they're all rather short and could stand to see a few extra frames. Keep going at it though, and Great work, I love how you always have such a nice use of chords in your music.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:47 am

While all these songs are really nice-sounding, there are a few things I would change about them. The main problem I have is that most of them are too repetitive. You should vary up the melodies, harmonies and rhythms. Furthermore, I would add in some custom patches. While it's tough at first, it will make the songs have a better tone, even if for only a few channels. ON the subject of patches, try to avoid using each patch as its name. For instance, try using the Bass patch as a high-pitched note. It's an easy trap to fall into; I did the same thing when I write my VRC7 pieces. Additionally, I reccommend involving the 2A03 some more in the song, if only as a backing track. Lastly, like Joblez said, they need to be longer! Songs that sound this good need more substance.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am

Joblez_I wrote:Rain - The chords are quite lovely, and the progression is nice. Love the tone it sets. Pretty nicely done, all things considered.

Happiness - I like the chords & progression here quite a bit too, my only gripe is the fact it's rather short and sounds like it was building up to something when it just ends it there.

Ocean View - One of my favorites. The minor build up to the beat and the bass coming in is nice and the progression is spot on here especially. Good work.

I wonder - My absolute favorite. It pains me a bit to say it's really short, however, and I really hope you extend it. The tone, key, and progression have a really nice build up to the lead and it's pulled off in just the right way.

Imagine Everything - Pretty decent. It gives off a very homey feel and tone, and it reminds me of the Beatles a bit.

Waves - Quite enjoy this one too. "Waves" is a very appropriate name for the track, as it's definitely a track I can imagine playing in a foggy bay level. Very nicely done with the progression. Could hope to see this one extended as well.

Overall, quite lovely! Though it's evident my main gripe is the fact that they're all rather short and could stand to see a few extra frames. Keep going at it though, and Great work, I love how you always have such a nice use of chords in your music.

THank you! I am not going to extend it since I need to make atleast 10 of the song. welp, I can do some but, not that often. Infact, this is going to be a short songs compiled into 1 big album.

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 am

Teuthida wrote:While all these songs are really nice-sounding, there are a few things I would change about them. The main problem I have is that most of them are too repetitive. You should vary up the melodies, harmonies and rhythms. Furthermore, I would add in some custom patches. While it's tough at first, it will make the songs have a better tone, even if for only a few channels. ON the subject of patches, try to avoid using each patch as its name. For instance, try using the Bass patch as a high-pitched note. It's an easy trap to fall into; I did the same thing when I write my VRC7 pieces. Additionally, I reccommend involving the 2A03 some more in the song, if only as a backing track. Lastly, like Joblez said, they need to be longer! Songs that sound this good need more substance.

Thank you.
Well, I am going to make this song only VRC7 + Noize & DPCM as drums. Other than that, it's nothing.
Well, It's a collection of small and short songs, so I will not going to extend it. sorry.

Return to “Original Music”