Car Chase/The City(2A03 + VRC6) Famitrcker 0.4.6

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
VGAGuy

Car Chase/The City(2A03 + VRC6) Famitrcker 0.4.6

Postby VGAGuy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:42 am

This is one of my older songs. I am trying to get better at making original music but inspiration only comes in small groups of notes that I try to make into a song. I have made some others, so I will try to post them at a later date.

Also, does anyone have tips for making a good boss theme? I need to make a few for a game I plan on making.

Any critique is welcome.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the drum samples are from Bucky O Hare, just so proper credit is given and also the song is not supposed to loop.
Attachments
TheCity.ftm
(24.46 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Tobikomi

Re: Car Chase/The City(2A03 + VRC6) Famitrcker 0.4.6

Postby Tobikomi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 am

This needs to be tweaked... like, a lot. Almost every channel is copying each other. If I were you, I would play around with chords; also, you need to play around with the volume, everything is too loud. Hopefully we see eye-to-eye.
ぼくのなまえはブライアン(とびこみ)だ。はじめまして!
My name is Bryan (Tobikomi). Nice to meet you!

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bryan-ness-699934457/tracks
My Chipmusic: http://chipmusic.org/gameputer_bryan3

VGAGuy

Re: Car Chase/The City(2A03 + VRC6) Famitrcker 0.4.6

Postby VGAGuy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:05 am

Yeah, volume management is my weakness as well as making all or most of the channels different. However, this is one of my older ones and I think I have improved at least a little. I don't plan on using this song for much if anything at all. I might edit the post later and get one of my newest songs on here to see if it sounds any better. I understand and agree with your response completely. Any idea on how to make a tutorial level theme? With a Super Mario Bros feel while using an MMC5 or VRC6? I pretty new to making music but I think I can get to the point where I actually sound decent!

Return to “Original Music”