New Powers EP (Konami style)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Fretzone

New Powers EP (Konami style)

Postby Fretzone » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Hey guys , I released a Konami inspired EP about a month ago. It is heavily influenced by Virt, Norrin Radd and also
music from TMNT3, Contra and Castlevania. Its on Bandcamp for the price you want it to be and i'll put the FTM files right here. There is a song missing
in the FTM files.Hope you like it guys. https://jasonletourneau.bandcamp.com/al ... -powers-ep
Attachments
Jay Letourneau - New powers.ftm
(202.94 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

FloppyDisk

Re: New Powers EP (Konami style)

Postby FloppyDisk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm

This is really good! It would fit in really well if it were in Retro City Rampage.
If I really had to nitpick anything, I'd say that the hihat needs to be a bit louder, in some songs I could barely hear it. Great work!
Don't copy that floppy!

I have a Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvooz ... NbuSAKbn5w
There's pretty much nothing there, but y'know, just in case.

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:26 pm

This is great! The volume balance is a little weird in a couple of places, and I also don't like how deep the kick1.dmc sample sounds in comparasion with the rest of the songs using it. On the other hand, you've made some really impressive melodies that sound amazing. The style is well implemented, if not a bit of a strech from the konami style, though that's not a bad thing. The instrumentation is pretty creative in certain places and it sounds great, and fits really great with the rest of the songs. Overall, I really enjoyed this album. Well done!

I'm a bit curious what's up with the end of the third song, though.
Here's my YouTube channel, my soundcloud page and my website. Some of these are emptier than others, but still.

Herr Dethnout

Postby Herr Dethnout » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:26 am

Consider Yourself a Hero sounds like a all 1st stage theme from all contra games.

Fretzone

Postby Fretzone » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:31 am

ollaxe wrote:This is great! The volume balance is a little weird in a couple of places, and I also don't like how deep the kick1.dmc sample sounds in comparasion with the rest of the songs using it. On the other hand, you've made some really impressive melodies that sound amazing. The style is well implemented, if not a bit of a strech from the konami style, though that's not a bad thing. The instrumentation is pretty creative in certain places and it sounds great, and fits really great with the rest of the songs. Overall, I really enjoyed this album. Well done!

I'm a bit curious what's up with the end of the third song, though.

Hey , sorry for the late answer. First thank you very much for the kind words, i worked very hard on this and i did my best as i was learning more and more about famitracker. The weird sound at the end of the 3 song is the Cxx command. It made a noise and dont really know why and i forgot about it.
I should've put a sxx before of something like that. But thanks anyway man i appreciate the feedback.

Return to “Original Music”