I Am EiRroR(2A03 + 2xN163)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
VGAGuy

I Am EiRroR(2A03 + 2xN163)

Postby VGAGuy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:22 am

Yes error is spelled incorrectly on purpose.
This is supposed to be a fight theme for a character of mine.
Frame 06 is when he jumps down to fight you.

You may have to adjust your volume for this one, I couldn't get volume management right on this one, it was either way too quiet or way too loud.
I hope my lack of volume finesse won't ruin the song for anyone.

Here it is! Hope you enjoy.
Attachments
ErrorBossTheme3.ftm
Da sang
(18.19 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Magdiel

Re: I Am EiRroR(2A03 + 2xN163)

Postby Magdiel » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:36 am

Honestly, it's...lackluster.

The track relies way too much on plain repetition, you don't iterate enough on the melody to keep the song interesting. The other big issue is that, partly because of this repetition, the track never "starts". Your introduction is way longer than it needs to be and frankly, the entire song sounds introductory. You slowly build up to a massive-sounding main section that never happens, and it's quite dissatisfying.

VGAGuy

Postby VGAGuy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Yeah, now that I look at it, it seems to repeat the main faults of my earlier song.
I don't know music theory and I can't seem to figure it out when I try to learn it, and because of that my songs are just a short note sequence I try to expand upon. I want to compose good or just passable sounding music but I can't figure it out.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling, thanks for your honest opinion and constructive criticism.

The Caller

Postby The Caller » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:39 pm

I agree with Magdiel. The entire song sounds like a big ass introduction, and never delivers. I use a lot of repetition on my songs as well (mostly because I am a lazy f*ck) but I try to create multiple segments with repetition within themselves, and not one big segment with a lot repetition and not a lot of variation. But even then, I like the feel you were trying to go for with the song. Definitely sounds... how do I put it... incomplete and messy. Just like a character that isn't supposed to exist.

Tweak this a bit and I'm sure it'll be a good song.