A couple of works-in-progress

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Magdiel

A couple of works-in-progress

Postby Magdiel » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:14 am

I've been juggling these two projects for a few weeks now, thought I'd get 'em out there, see if anyone can find any blatant mistakes I may have somehow missed.
Attachments
Fractal Town(WIP).ftm
(5.4 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Metronetworking(WIP).ftm
(13.15 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

The Caller

Re: A couple of works-in-progress

Postby The Caller » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Both of these tracks have a lot of potential, especially Metronetworking. Though, the Triangle in Fractal Town, although well-composed with the effects and overall melody, can get annoying real fast. Also, the Noise channel is a little bit too empowering, so you might wanna tone it down a bit.

As for Metronetworking, I can't hear anything that bothers me too much. Maybe the high-pitched Triangle in the last frame, but that's just personal preference. So good job there.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:15 pm

The Caller wrote:Both of these tracks have a lot of potential, especially Metronetworking. Though, the Triangle in Fractal Town, although well-composed with the effects and overall melody, can get annoying real fast. Also, the Noise channel is a little bit too empowering, so you might wanna tone it down a bit.

As for Metronetworking, I can't hear anything that bothers me too much. Maybe the high-pitched Triangle in the last frame, but that's just personal preference. So good job there.

Why thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I've been struggling to make Fractal Town's Triangle be a little more pleasant, but eh, baby steps.

Love your work, as always.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:28 am

So I feel pleased enough with Fractal Town, now Lost in Transmission, to call it complete. Have a look.
Attachments
Lost in Transmission.ftm
(15.02 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

The Caller

Postby The Caller » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Magdiel wrote:So I feel pleased enough with Fractal Town, now Lost in Transmission, to call it complete. Have a look.

As much as I feel you didn't change the Triangle channel, like, at all, this song really delivers now. The Noise channel isn't as empowering anymore, and the last segment really adds that feeling of mystery and hopelessness to the track, especially that nice little touch with the DPCM in the end. I can imagine a little story behind this track, as if the station lost contact to a soldier who was in a dangerous and maybe even paranormal mission.

Good work, dude. Keep at it.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:02 am

The Caller wrote:
Magdiel wrote:So I feel pleased enough with Fractal Town, now Lost in Transmission, to call it complete. Have a look.

As much as I feel you didn't change the Triangle channel, like, at all, this song really delivers now. The Noise channel isn't as empowering anymore, and the last segment really adds that feeling of mystery and hopelessness to the track, especially that nice little touch with the DPCM in the end. I can imagine a little story behind this track, as if the station lost contact to a soldier who was in a dangerous and maybe even paranormal mission.

Good work, dude. Keep at it.

Atmosphere was exactly what I was going for and I'm glad you think it shows, thanks.

Joblez_I

Postby Joblez_I » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:52 pm

These are both pretty nice, all things considered. I really enjoy Metroneworking, even if it's a bit rough around the edges. The percussion gets a bit irritating over time, and the harmonies can become rather dissonant and hard to listen to in some areas. Lost in Transmission is pretty cool as well, I personally don't mind the triangle channel as much as others do, and the sort of story the track sets up and the atmosphere it gives is presented very nicely. Overall, pretty nice, and I hope to see more.
I like the chips and the tunes
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ-If ... N1KknMZTpA (I rarely upload to youtube btw, I'd really recommend listening to my soundcloud if you want my stuff)

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/joblez_i

Red Gloved Fighter

Postby Red Gloved Fighter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:53 am

I'm really liking the triangle channel in Lost in Transmission as well. The slides really give it a distinct feel. This is a song that I'd save on my folders to listen to occasionally. Makes me wanna experiment with more slides now.
Had an old account here, but I inadvertently bricked it when I changed the email. XD (Been here since May of 2015, a little bit of time after the new forums were in place.)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmnidU ... OWhnD_SoHA

Return to “Original Music”