VertX - VertX Anthem (2A03)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
VertX

VertX - VertX Anthem (2A03)

Postby VertX » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Here is the latest song to come from me, as well as my first post on the Famitracker forums. Hello!!! If you love electronic music, you will love this! I really wanted to push myself to the limit here. I'm not really musically inclined at the moment but I feel confident I did a very good job here. This song take huge advantage of DPCM samples and even has voice samples from me! I am truly shocked how clean I got this tune to sound,

Here is the link to the Youtube video with links to the NES ROM, NSF, and FLAC in the description. I will not share the FTM at this time. I will as soon as I hit 10,000 views. (Haha, like that will ever happen :roll: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTikBtNH_iM&feature=youtu.be

The Caller

Re: VertX - VertX Anthem (2A03)

Postby The Caller » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Welcome to the Famitracker Forums. Now, before I give my two cents on the song, here's a few things you should know.

- First off, there's no reason for you to NOT share the FTM file. This forum is exactly for that. External links are not very well recieved here, as well as posts without files. I discoreved that the hard way.
- This forum is somewhat dead, so don't expect much reception here.
- FLAC files are useless here. Again, share the FTM file, or even the NSF for that matter (alongside the FTM file, preferably).

With that being said, this song is... okay. Good execution, that's for sure. But there's just not much to it. The song relies a little bit too much on repetition, with not a lot of variety on the channels. Not only that, but the melody is somewhat unisteresting and overall pretty bland. Just a generic electronic tune.

Although, I do think the DPCM samples add a nice touch to the song, and considering you made the voice samples yourself, that's pretty appealing. I also enjoyed the melody around frame 08, but since it was too short, it didn't add much to the song.

So there's that. Could be better, but not bad. Keep it up, and again, welcome to the Famitracker Forums.

VertX

Postby VertX » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for the review. The reason I'm not posting the FTM is because I want to avoid someone stealing the song and calling it their own. Other than that, I do think the song is repetitive myself. I am just not that good with writing music. But I do appreciate the constructive criticism. It will make me a better person! :)

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 pm

I mostly have the same things to say as the Caller. It's just...rather generic. Through in some new chord progressions or an interesting percussion section and see what happens. If you want to learn how to write better melodies, try learning about development. It's a great musical technique that allows you to get a lot out of even a simple melody.

P.S.Don't worry about people stealing your songs. PPixelation was definitely an isolated incident, and the FamiTracker community in general is very harsh when it comes to dealing with plagiarists.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Return to “Original Music”