Meat Wood Flack - Tumours

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
allenpwilliams

Meat Wood Flack - Tumours

Postby allenpwilliams » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello. A while back (between 2009 and 2012) I worked on some 8-bit music using Famitracker and I just found a bunch of it and threw together a super-short album (12 songs, 11 minutes).

https://open.spotify.com/album/38iRTrxzpvUGZlf7m9A3q3

https://meatwoodflack.bandcamp.com/releases

Teuthida

Re: Meat Wood Flack - Tumours

Postby Teuthida » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:14 am

We'll have a much easier time critiquing this if you posted your .ftm or .0cc source file for your songs.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:45 am

I think he's trying to save us the trouble, Tooth.

allenpwilliams

Postby allenpwilliams » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:10 am

Yeah it's not great but you know how art's apparently subjective and whatnot. I don't even like some of it. The tracks I do like are "Nightmares" and "The Chin" and maybe a few others.

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:19 pm

Why would you upload a track (and expect people to want to buy it) if you yourself don't like it?

I would love to review your album, but I don't like to review FamiTracker songs unless I have its module file.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

allenpwilliams

Postby allenpwilliams » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:05 pm

1. Who said I expect anyone to buy it? 2. Again, art is subjective. Why do I have to like it if someone else ends up liking it? Why should I keep it from others just because I don't like it? Seems selfish.

3. Why can't you just listen to music and review it based on that? Can you only review Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album if you have all the original separate tracks in waveform? What?

Sorry, I was just throwing FREE music out there for people. It wasn't meant to be an attack. Whoops.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:42 pm

This is a forum for discussion of the FamiTracker software and it's usage, as well as music composition technique revolving around it. You are encouraged to post a source file for feedback because that allows us to directly see the specifics of the work you've done, such that we may point out specific mistakes and make specific suggestions.

We assume that you expect the music to be bought because you chose Spotify and Bandcamp, brands that are known for publishing music at a commercial level, as your platforms to host it. If you intended to share the music for free, you should've considered other, less overtly commercial platforms, such as YouTube or SoundCloud.

Art is indeed subjective, but the general tendency is for one to hold their own work in higher regard than others would. In the vast majority of cases, there must be something very wrong with your own work for you not to like it, which makes it even less likely for anyone else to enjoy it. And I can tell you right now, it is very, very unlikely that anyone would enjoy the work you've put out.

allenpwilliams

Postby allenpwilliams » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:02 pm

I know a lot of people that like it, including me. I just don't like MOST of it. But I still listen to it incessantly. I like Merzbow.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Buddy, do you want feedback or not?

allenpwilliams

Postby allenpwilliams » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Your call. I mean, let's be honest, at this point in the project (post-release), would feedback really be necessary? I made it because I wanted to hear it. The reason I shared it on here is, honestly, because I used Famitracker to make all of it and I thought that some people might want to check it out. That's about it. I promise, there is some cool sounding stuff on there. Again, "Nightmares" and "The Chin" are my personal favorites. Thanks.

Return to “Original Music”