Showdown

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Magdiel

Showdown

Postby Magdiel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:26 am

This is technically a "cover" of Experimention, one of my first songs, but apparently it belongs here anyway. (I'm trusting you on this one, Squid.)

I remember there being this one bit from Experimention that I was really proud of at the time I had done the track, so I decided to take it and go from there. Several of my tracks up to this point have had some specific concept behind them, but I really wanted this to be just boss battle music in general. My main concern is consistency: do you think the track transitions smoothly between sections?

also my volume control sucks, wat do for make better?
Attachments
Showdown.ftm
(11.82 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

Magdiel

Re: Showdown

Postby Magdiel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:12 am

Extended and accelerated because gotta go fast.
Attachments
Showdown.ftm
(28.48 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

The Caller

Postby The Caller » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:29 pm

So, this is pretty good overall. I definitely get the frantic boss music feel from this, and yes, the transitions are pretty smooth.

Though, the one thing, or rather, two things I think really cripple the track is the constant note slides and high pitch, which is not a very good combination overall and can get pretty jarring pretty fast. Other than that, I'd definitely say this could fit a tough boss battle pretty well, but you might wanna tone down the slides a bit, or maybe just lower the pitch. Or the volume. Whatever you do, make it better. I know you can.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Having listened to it so many times as I wrote it, I'm struggling to figure out which parts of the melody would annoy others. Any pointers?

The Caller

Postby The Caller » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm

I'd say the first frames are the most jarring, especially frames 03 and 04. Might wanna tweak those a bit. In fact, just tweak the song overall and you shoud be golden.

Return to “Original Music”