MMPC [Updated] - Dyna (Dynamite) Man Stage [2a03]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
blastvortex

MMPC [Updated] - Dyna (Dynamite) Man Stage [2a03]

Postby blastvortex » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:55 am

Well, instead of continuing on to a project I was supposed to be getting on to, I'm continuing on this instead. It's just as well since I always wanted to finish this anyway. Like before, original a MIDI idea, I never even GXSCC'd it because it never even got anywhere close to finishing it. Maybe I'll go back and finish that version some day, but it was always supposed sound 8-bit anyway. Not precisely what I originally had in my head, but close as it is ever going to be. Things change as they go down, and I'm still fairly pleased with the final product. (I think... erm... maybe...)

MMPC - Dyna Man Stage (fixed).ftm
(17.9 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
^<== version 2.0

MMPC - Dyna Man Stage.ftm
(17.9 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
^<== original version

Oh, and a video version I suppose, since I'm already done with that too (and more crappy humour)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWSreV10Dg
^<== also updated (using most recent version)
Last edited by blastvortex on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

The Caller

Re: MMPC - Dyna (Dynamite) Man Stage [2a03]

Postby The Caller » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:53 am

I really like this. Well, I prefer it over Sonic Man's theme anyways. I don't see anything too wrong with the track overall, and I really dig that Triangle channel. Though, here are a few nitpicks:

- The song feels somewhat empty, especially around the beginning. You may want to work on the Noise channel a bit to cover that up.
- Raise the volume of Pulse channel 1 on the first 4 frames.
- Some notes clash in the following frames: 0B and 0D.
- Turn down the volume of Pulse channel 1 from frame 04 to 07.
- Raise the volume of the second Pulse channel from the frames 08 and 09 to make the echo more evident.

blastvortex

Re: MMPC - Dyna (Dynamite) Man Stage [2a03]

Postby blastvortex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Well, trouble with raising the volume on pulse 1 is it's supposed to be eerie and echo-y, as if from the distance, but okay. Made more sense in the original MIDI. Only raising it a little though. I am aware of a few clashing notes. I allow some dissonance, on the grounds that at the diatonic level, it works, though I forget the name of particular scales (I know there is a name for every one, but my music theory is getting kinda rusty at my age). I might be tempted to "correct" it, but for the stage it's meant for, I think it suits it. (With the exception of one particular G# that I keep forgetting to turn into an A, anyway.)

As for the echo, you're just trying to ephasize it, right? Sorry, I was just a bit confused and missing some of your comments. Some of my meds have been doing a number on my head lately (I'd lay off, but I don't feel like suffering another hospital in-stay). I did have those turned down a bit low. Thought it might be risky to turn it up, I guess the opposite rings more true. lol

[edit] Well, followed some of your suggestions anyway, raised the volume of the echo in frames 04 to 07 a bit. Didn't really wanna lower the volume of Pulse 1, or at least couldn't by much, cuz then it'd be too quiet. I did raise the volume of the first 4 frames a skosh. Not much, mind you, but enough. Also not much change to 0B, and none to 0D, but I prefer to leave the dissonance as it is. Like I said, I can't remember the name of the theory, but that doesn't make it invalid. I'll post a fixed version in a few. Feel free to let me know if I further [beep] things up.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Return to “Original Music”