So I tried using VRC7 for once...

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Magdiel

So I tried using VRC7 for once...

Postby Magdiel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 am

Short little loop I made to get a little VRC7 practice in. Might expand upon it later.

This is also the first time I use drum samples.
Attachments
Project7WIP.ftm
(12.26 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

TheJuanCarlos64

Re: So I tried using VRC7 for once...

Postby TheJuanCarlos64 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:49 am

Oh, That VRC7 non-custom patches are same instruments.

Broken English F/ck
Attachments
Project7WIP_TempoFix.ftm
Fixed by reason.
Opening by Beta 5 or older Causing Froze the Tempo.
Using Fixed Tempo in 0cc
(12.26 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
It's me! JonKaruzu

Gigaroid

Postby Gigaroid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 pm

VRC7 is a lot of fun to work in. Especially when you use the custom patch. Problem is, it was only used by two games for the NES, so it doesn't really feel like NES music to anyone. Still, I like to use it from time to time.

Anyway, your track. There's not much to it so far. You do you, but I usually like to get at least 30 seconds in before sharing it with friends and such. Not a fan of the arpeggio on pulse 2. It fails to blend with the VRC7 channels, and they just end up clashing. That's all I really have to say. There's a lot more that needs fixing that I just don't know how to articulate.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Gigaroid wrote:VRC7 is a lot of fun to work in. Especially when you use the custom patch. Problem is, it was only used by two games for the NES, so it doesn't really feel like NES music to anyone. Still, I like to use it from time to time.

Anyway, your track. There's not much to it so far. You do you, but I usually like to get at least 30 seconds in before sharing it with friends and such. Not a fan of the arpeggio on pulse 2. It fails to blend with the VRC7 channels, and they just end up clashing. That's all I really have to say. There's a lot more that needs fixing that I just don't know how to articulate.

Others have already mentioned problems with the arps and chords to me, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. I'm also trying to expand upon it, inspiration struck suddenly.

Still, could you at least hint at these other issues you have with it? I'm a little afraid of continuing it and possibly making these problems worse.

Gigaroid

Postby Gigaroid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Magdiel wrote:Still, could you at least hint at these other issues you have with it? I'm a little afraid of continuing it and possibly making these problems worse.

Hmm... well, I just listened to it again and I think maybe you could spread the trumpets out a bit. It's all within the high range, and it just doesn't sound good to me. The next part I think should break in with a strong melody or something.

Magdiel

Postby Magdiel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Gigaroid wrote:Hmm... well, I just listened to it again and I think maybe you could spread the trumpets out a bit. It's all within the high range, and it just doesn't sound good to me. The next part I think should break in with a strong melody or something.

To be honest, the high chords have kinda grown on me. However, someone did point out that there were too many seconds in a row. I'm trying to change a bunch of them to normal major chords.

Way ahead of you on the next section, it's gonna break into a pulse-guitar solo.

Return to “Original Music”