[0CC] Original tunes for a joke-game

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Hahstuz

[0CC] Original tunes for a joke-game

Postby Hahstuz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:08 am

Hello, everybody.
Somehow I managed to make something I deemed good enough to post here. Wish it happened more often.

The soundtrack in question is (in theory) the entire OST of a "game" a friend of mine is crafting in Stencyl, basically a joke-game that's SUPPOSED to be BAD. Wish mean I was tasked with making some silly tunes to go.
I went overboard and, instead of just overworking myself for mediocre results as usual, actually made something... A bit beyond what we expected.
Now I'll be honest, only four tracks there are "normal" tunes, all the rest are either LoW-qUaLiTy or trying to emulate sound bugs and glitches. And two sound effects.

And YES, it was made using Famitracker-0CC, and I'm (not?) sorry. Vanilla FmT lacked some of the volume I envisioned, and I wasn't really going to seek a different sort of software. I'm posting this here anyway, since I feel I NEED some pointing out from more experienced users (and composers overall).

Link to the Drive's ZIP file with .0cc, text file and .nsf here.

The idea to posting this here is to check how I'm going. Get my glitch-emulation attempts and my composition criticized, and so on.
It's note-worthy that I had no idea how to name the .nsf tracks prior to posting, and the tracks' names are meaningful.

Thanks for reading this far!
Attachments
FRUGTIEM_Clean.nsf
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
If you can't make music with this, either you're artistically deaf
or you hate numbers with a passion.

I'm kinda both, and here am I anyway. What's your excuse?

Teuthida

Re: [0CC] Original tunes for a joke-game

Postby Teuthida » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:12 am

Well, you certainly have the sound... I can't really criticize something that's meant to be bad, especially when it's something by someone new to FamiTracker, since I can't tell which parts are intentionally bad, and which are unintentionally bad. I'll gladly review any serious song you make in the future, though.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Hahstuz

Re: [0CC] Original tunes for a joke-game

Postby Hahstuz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:14 am

If by "having the sound", you mean my attempt is passable, well, it's pretty great already.
BUT, just saying cuz I feel that was missing, there are, in fact, four "serious" songs here, and at least 3 "serious" effects there.

In the .NSF, the first three tracks are honest FX attempts (a jump, a "win" jingle and a "lose" jingle.) Track # 5 is supposed to sound like an old TV with a blank screen.
Track # 7, 8 and 14 are real Stage music, albeit really short ones.
(14 does include some glitching, but it became part of the composition here instead of the intended "lel ur gaems brok" deal)

Track # 15 is the last of the four 'Main Menu theme' renditions.

But yeah, with the objective I had, I understand that criticize this w/o going full "it's just bad, there" is hard.
Thanks for using of your time. :)
If you can't make music with this, either you're artistically deaf
or you hate numbers with a passion.

I'm kinda both, and here am I anyway. What's your excuse?

Return to “Original Music”