Original Final Boss Theme

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Mega Bruh X

Original Final Boss Theme

Postby Mega Bruh X » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:34 am

Just an original theme I composed that I feel would work well for a final boss. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Attachments
Original Final Boss.ftm
(66.42 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Swiggity Swooty I'm comin' for that booty. I have a YouTube channel right here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOeaYL ... QkIpS_-SBQ

The Caller

Re: Original Final Boss Theme

Postby The Caller » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:18 pm

It's good, but I do not think it would work for a final boss. The build up is certainly the most grandioso part of the song, and it gives the feeling an important event is about to happen, but after that, it just degrades into an upbeat boss theme, but nothing too spectacular. I think this would work well in a battle against a rival of sorts or even a really important character, but not for the actual final boss.

Not only that, but the theme is a little too short. I assume you took Mega Man as an inspiration (it is quite obvious, in fact), and the short final boss theme thing may work with 2a03, but not as much with VRC6, in my opinion. So I would advice you to make it a little more extended.

As for melody and percussion, eveything is pretty much on point here. Well, a little generic in some aspects (it sounds a little TOO much like a Mega Man boss theme), but on point nonetheless. The note slides are a nice touch, and the arpeggios, while a little bit overused on Mega Man styled tracks, are also a nice touch.

But overall, pretty good job.

Mega Bruh X

Postby Mega Bruh X » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 pm

The Caller wrote:It's good, but I do not think it would work for a final boss. The build up is certainly the most grandioso part of the song, and it gives the feeling an important event is about to happen, but after that, it just degrades into an upbeat boss theme, but nothing too spectacular. I think this would work well in a battle against a rival of sorts or even a really important character, but not for the actual final boss.

Not only that, but the theme is a little too short. I assume you took Mega Man as an inspiration (it is quite obvious, in fact), and the short final boss theme thing may work with 2a03, but not as much with VRC6, in my opinion. So I would advice you to make it a little more extended.

As for melody and percussion, eveything is pretty much on point here. Well, a little generic in some aspects (it sounds a little TOO much like a Mega Man boss theme), but on point nonetheless. The note slides are a nice touch, and the arpeggios, while a little bit overused on Mega Man styled tracks, are also a nice touch.

But overall, pretty good job.

Yeah, listening to it now, I can agree it would probably fit a rival battle better. And yes, Mega Man was the feel I was shooting for with this one. But thanks for your feedback!
Swiggity Swooty I'm comin' for that booty. I have a YouTube channel right here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOeaYL ... QkIpS_-SBQ

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:26 pm

For some reason this remindes me sooo much of the Zomboss Soundtrack in Plants vs Zombies.
"Yes, I do consider myself a musician." - trying to convince myself, January 2017
Oh, also i'm here as well, if you care:
https://soundcloud.com/user-445074234
And contact:
B14music@web.de

Return to “Original Music”