Can Someone Make This Better?

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
User avatar
Electric Cero
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am
Location: NeoArcadia

Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Electric Cero » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:34 pm

I have finally made a short motif using FamiTracker :lol: . It's my first song so I still have a lot to learn and, I would appreciate some feedback.
(and hopefully a better version of the song!)
v5.ftm
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 31 times


And here is a link to the same song but in beepbox with minor changes. https://goo.gl/9VGuxr
If you must know yes, I drew my avatar with MS paint.

User avatar
Squidsquif
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 am

Re: Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Squidsquif » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:31 am

Hmm, this isn't bad for your first song (mime was complete trash)! I like the tone you got going there, it sounds like the intro to a cool boss theme. Some advice I can give is to learn a bit of music theory. That will not only make your songs sound better, but will also help you create new ones! Don't be afraid to experiment. Another piece of advice is to listen to favorite Famitracker songs (I suggest the ones in the demo folder). See what makes them so good, such as what effects they use and what they do to the instruments. Famitracker is a tough program to get the hang of, but you'll get there, just keep trying to improve!
I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me!(I'll try to make an edit of your song later) :D
I spent all of your money on peach hats

User avatar
Mega Bruh X
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:36 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Mega Bruh X » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am

Electric Cero wrote:I have finally made a short motif using FamiTracker :lol: . It's my first song so I still have a lot to learn and, I would appreciate some feedback.
(and hopefully a better version of the song!)
v5.ftm
(42.59 KiB) Downloaded 1 time


And here is a link to the same song but in beepbox with minor changes. https://goo.gl/9VGuxr

I actually really like what you had going on so far. As you requested, here's a small edit I made:
Attachments
v5.ftm
(42.59 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Swiggity Swooty I'm comin' for that booty. I have a YouTube channel right here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOeaYL ... QkIpS_-SBQ

User avatar
Electric Cero
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am
Location: NeoArcadia

Re: Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Electric Cero » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Squidsquif wrote:Hmm, this isn't bad for your first song (mime was complete trash)! I like the tone you got going there, it sounds like the intro to a cool boss theme. Some advice I can give is to learn a bit of music theory. That will not only make your songs sound better, but will also help you create new ones! Don't be afraid to experiment. Another piece of advice is to listen to favorite Famitracker songs (I suggest the ones in the demo folder). See what makes them so good, such as what effects they use and what they do to the instruments. Famitracker is a tough program to get the hang of, but you'll get there, just keep trying to improve!
I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me!(I'll try to make an edit of your song later) :D

Thank you Squidsquif :D I'm only in my first year of Music Theory I. I'll be looking for some effects to toy with and I look forward to your edit of v5.
Mega Bruh X wrote:
Electric Cero wrote:I have finally made a short motif using FamiTracker :lol: . It's my first song so I still have a lot to learn and, I would appreciate some feedback.
(and hopefully a better version of the song!)
v5.ftm


And here is a link to the same song but in beepbox with minor changes. https://goo.gl/9VGuxr

I actually really like what you had going on so far. As you requested, here's a small edit I made:

I guess I need to find the newer version of famitracker, I still have 0.4.6. :lol:
If you must know yes, I drew my avatar with MS paint.

User avatar
Mega Bruh X
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:36 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Mega Bruh X » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Sorry about that. You can get newer version here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173
Swiggity Swooty I'm comin' for that booty. I have a YouTube channel right here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOeaYL ... QkIpS_-SBQ

User avatar
Electric Cero
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am
Location: NeoArcadia

Re: Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Electric Cero » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:34 am

Mega Bruh X wrote:Sorry about that. You can get newer version here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173

Thanks for your help, Mega Bruh. :) I like your edit btw, it sounds like it could be a city stage. Like Streets of Rage or something similar.
If you must know yes, I drew my avatar with MS paint.


Return to “Original Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests