Can Someone Make This Better?

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Electric Cero

Re: Can Someone Make This Better?

Postby Electric Cero » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:07 am

After receiving some helpful information from TheNoobHunter, I went and finished v7.

Here it is...
v7.ftm
(3.64 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
...Tada!
If you must know yes, I drew my avatar with MS paint.

Mega Bruh X

Postby Mega Bruh X » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Electric Cero wrote:
TheNoobHunter wrote:V6 definitely sounds better, but the amount of repetition and dissonant tones kinda ruins the song for me. I'd say pick a scale and stick to it. I think it would sound better if it had more of a melody as well. It sounds like it's leading up to one but never really goes anywhere

Thank you for the feedback, TheNoobHunter, I can admit that V6 is chaotic, and I'll take your advice and finish V6.
Squidsquif wrote:Lmao I meant to post this awhile ago, but I haven't had time due to school (finals, ugh) and other stuff. Anyways, here is my edit of your song (the first one)! It's not as complex as Mega Bruh X's, but I tried to make some improvements,mainly adding a percussion loop as well as adding the triangle. Let me know if you have questions ;)

Wow, This is awesome! I like the two channel echo in the beginning, it does make it sound like an intro to a cool boss theme.
And here's a question. How do minor scale progressions work? (I already know that major scales progress like: whole, whole, half, whole, whole, whole, half)

EDIT: The reason why I'm asking is because I can't find an example that I can understand on the internet.

Natural minor scales are whole, half, whole, whole, half, whole, whole. There are other kinds of minor scales that progress a little bit differently though.
Swiggity Swooty I'm comin' for that booty. I have a YouTube channel right here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOeaYL ... QkIpS_-SBQ

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Electric Cero wrote:I have finally made a short motif using FamiTracker :lol: . It's my first song so I still have a lot to learn and, I would appreciate some feedback.
(and hopefully a better version of the song!)

And here is a link to the same song but in beepbox with minor changes. https://goo.gl/9VGuxr

Hey, not sure if that's what you wanted, but i guess it sounds better now, maybe it helps you improve if you want. Oh, and regarding the Feedback, maybe you could or should have a look in the effects table, if you don't like the Default 2A03 Sound, you can open that in the help tab, if you didn't know (allthough you maybe did).
Attachments
v5 Remix.ftm
(7.13 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
"Yes, I do consider myself a musician." - trying to convince myself, January 2017
Oh, also i'm here as well, if you care:
https://soundcloud.com/user-445074234
And contact:
B14music@web.de

Return to “Original Music”