Nebula Blaze [VRC6 W.I.P]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
The Caller

Nebula Blaze [VRC6 W.I.P]

Postby The Caller » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:29 pm

So, this is something I started working on a few days I ago, and I can't for the life of me finish it. I left this wip on a bit of a cliffhanger for that, but I can't do anything about it. I mean, I can, I just don't know how.

This is supposed to be an frantic boss theme of sorts, and don't ask me where the whole 'Nebula' concept comes into play. I just thought it sounded cool for a name.

Anyways, tell me what you think. Feedback is welcome.
Attachments
Nebula [VRC6].ftm
(57.32 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

RavenousSoothing

Re: Nebula Blaze [VRC6 W.I.P]

Postby RavenousSoothing » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:20 pm

I love it so far overall! As for critique...

I may suggest lightening up on the dissonance. I would guess this was intentional, but I don't know. Frame 4 sounded off because of it.

It adds to the feeling, in my opinion, but also try an Fxx sequence. Setting the tempo to something that isn't 150 or 125, as far as I remember, can cause unevenness. Although I could be wrong.

In your main issue of how to continue, I might suggest a breakdown? Sweeping arpeggios, smashing those (noise) drums, all that good stuff. Then, have it climax similarly to how it does now, and just repeat it.

I really love it, and it gets the blood pumping. Good job so far!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN1Bwv ... vViHGRrjGw

"You are not a brave hero, the princess is oftentimes just a woman, and the dragon cannot be slain, if there is a dragon at all. That is why many choose to bow their heads and not try.

Return to “Original Music”