Unfinished Music Dump

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
ZachJac

Unfinished Music Dump

Postby ZachJac » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 am

They're at varying degrees of completion, but none of them are done. I don't have any plans atm of finishing them, so I'm just gonna dump them here. Cover them or something if you want, idc
Attachments
Game Song.ftm
(17.14 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
thing.ftm
(3.9 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Cosmic Dissipation.ftm
(40.55 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Depressing -_-.ftm
(12.66 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Blue Shift.ftm
(32.63 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
2A03 Song.ftm
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
4.ftm
(9.09 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Ha! You just wasted your time trying to read this tiny text!

The Caller

Re: Unfinished Music Dump

Postby The Caller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 pm

"Game Song" is interesting, and really well made. It would fit well in an intro stage or maybe as the main screen theme. Also, I like the DPCM samples.

"Thing" is way too short for me to have any thought on it. It's... lackluster, I'd say. The first frame is really bombastic, but the two last frames are just... nothing. So I don't know what to say.

"Cosmic Dissipation" is by far the most complex, and I'd say it is pretty much finished, so I don't know why it's here. I don't have anything to say about it, it's good. Well maybe it lacks the whole "cosmic" thing, but that's about it. It would fit an urban setting better, in my opinion.

"Depressing" is... well, depressing. But nothing too special. Kinda repetitive, as well. But I like the Triangle lead.

"Blue Shift" is also really well made, and has a lot of potential. You should definitely work more on that one.

"2A03 Song" is cool, but that's about it. In my opinion, the track would sound a lot better if you removed the DPCM samples, though. Give it that pure NES feeling.

"4" is also interesting, and has a lot of potential. And it also sounds a lot more "cosmic" than Cosmic Dissipation in my opinion. So maybe that can give you some idea on how to finish it.

Overall, some meh tracks and others with a lot of potential. You should definitely finish some of those.

ZachJac

Re: Unfinished Music Dump

Postby ZachJac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into finishing some of those pieces if I ever have the time!
Ha! You just wasted your time trying to read this tiny text!

Return to “Original Music”