A Start To a Song (It probably sucks)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
GoodorBadAsh

A Start To a Song (It probably sucks)

Postby GoodorBadAsh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi, I'm new here. This is my first attempt at a semi-decent start of a song. Hope you guys don't hate it, and it would be nice to have some feedback.

My First Step into Chiptune [V3].ftm
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Psionic

Re: A Start To a Song (It probably sucks)

Postby Psionic » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:40 pm

The one thing that really gets me is the volume parameters on the Triangle column. Can't do that. I'm serious. It doesn't work that way. The triangle column's sound is hardwired to always stay the same volume. At frame 06, it starts to turn into noise. The melody becomes odd and indescribable, unless you were going for that kind of hyper-underground-avant-garde kind of chipmusic, then congrats.

Ya did it.
"THE TRAGEDY...OF...MACBETH...ACT FIVE...SCENE FIVE...SCENE FIVE...DUNSINANE...WITHIN THE CASTLE. ENTER MACBETH, SATAN, AND SOLDIERS...WITH DRUM...AND COLORRRRrRrRrRrRr..."

bidy2014@web.de

Re: A Start To a Song (It probably sucks)

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

GoodorBadAsh wrote:Hi, I'm new here. This is my first attempt at a semi-decent start of a song. Hope you guys don't hate it, and it would be nice to have some feedback.

Well, as a first step, that's quite a step indeed. But now honestly I don't wanr to Insult anyone, and actually, if that is what you wanted to make, then that's fine. Otherwise I would recommend you might try to get a bit more of a melody in there, or any Kind of structure, otherwise, I guess is't not too bad, considering my first tries. Oh and by the way, the triangle channel has no volume Control what so ever it's either on or off. Oh and if you wanna go crazy, it's still possible to have a structure and melody. I think the ultimate Tip, (that I often ignored) and I'm not trying to Insult you here, is to have a song, and then start working on it in a tracker. (Well, i fail to do that often.) Oh, I also attached %%Experimental, one of my 'albums', the first track is propably a good example how to crazy, while keeping a structure.
Attachments
TC.ftm
Myfirst module ever. Please turn your headphones down.
(8.4 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
%% Experimental.ftm
One of my 'albums'
(17.23 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
"Yes, I do consider myself a musician." - trying to convince myself, January 2017
Oh, also i'm here as well, if you care:
https://soundcloud.com/user-445074234
And contact:
B14music@web.de

Return to “Original Music”