[FDS] - My Life's in Red Snowdrops

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Drillimation

[FDS] - My Life's in Red Snowdrops

Postby Drillimation » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:33 pm

Heya drillers.

Haven't posted an original in a while. This is for my game Chuhou Joutai, a Touhou Project-style bullet hell shooter. This is the stage 1 boss theme, and like Touhou, it will have a different theme for each boss. This one is short because most first boss fights in games tend to be short. This was the second attempt, as the first iteration, Don't Go On Me!, was not well received. Also, there are more references to Touhou in this song (at least one of them is a reference to the PC-98 era; can you guess?)

Code: Select all

This is Amy Fawkes' theme.
I tried various sources for inspirations for this theme. It took several tries before I can get a final idea. I was trying to compose a theme for a female Crimsonite who is inspired by a weapon-maker. Like with most first-stage bosses, this one is short. As suggested by the title, all of her projectiles are red. Of course, all the bosses can't be female.

With the last sentence in the song's comments, the second, fourth, seventh, and eighth stages have male bosses. I haven't decided on the characters for stages 5 and 6.
Attachments
My Life's in Red Snowdrops.ftm
(16.74 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
It's the Drillimation Guy!
Musical influences come from Skaven of Future Crew and ZUN.

Return to “Original Music”