Shadow of the Thunder King v70

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
MechaGrapefruit

Shadow of the Thunder King v70

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Sat May 02, 2020 9:47 pm

4 newly completed songs (edited - now 6 as of 5/11/20)
1. Menu
13. Clever Colossus 2 (Digital Heart)
16. Boss 3 (Emperor of String)
19. Puppet Splicer 2 (Arc Light)
EDIT: One new song (Watery Grave 1 (Drain Disdain)) 5/7/20
EDIT: One new song (Watery Grave 2 (Culvert Cascade)) 5/11/20
There are also some random doodles I've worked on when I get stuck on something else - if any of them seem interesting, let me know. [s]Drain Disdain might end up somewhere at some point.[/s]
I've been working on this (slowly) for more than 3 years through various jobs, moves, computers, grad school, and a lot of life - and there are still tunes in my head I've been trying to finish since late 2016. SO I'd like to finish this by the end of the calendar year so I can move onto other projects - but I'm not going to rush the ending. At this point, I'd like to finish the few remaining unfinished level themes (Valor Trap 1, Wireframe Necropolis 1 & 2, Puppet Splicer 2), the boss themes (Boss 2, Shadow of the Thunder King), and some various story elements. If I can find a way to get into an old busted computer, I've got a few things to add as well (Crossed Wires, which made it to Soundcloud but the ftm with it is almost certainly lost, and a semifinal boss theme). If anybody has any input or feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Shadow of the Thunder King v74.ftm
Added 5/11/20
(685.22 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by MechaGrapefruit on Tue May 12, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -
Bleep bloop, bleep bleep bloop.

Doom_Destoryer

Re: Shadow of the Thunder King v70

Postby Doom_Destoryer » Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 pm

wow
i wish i could compose songs as good as this instead of my songs being crap
oh well, there's a reason why i stick to doing covers lmao
Had a channel here, but I forgot the email linked to it. So now I'll just use my personal, older channel to upload stuff to.
Little personal code book: s4.6 = Stable version 4.6, b5 = beta 5, 00CX = 00CFT (version number).

MechaGrapefruit

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Fri May 08, 2020 2:38 am

Give yourself more credit! You are talented.

Updated the file on the original post - made a water level (Watery Grave 1: Drain Disdain). It went in a somewhat different direction than the original doodle did.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -

MagicSpider

Postby MagicSpider » Sat May 09, 2020 3:58 pm

It's good to see you're still working on Shadow of the Thunder King.
The rhythm of Triangle+Sawtooth really help the dpcm sound powerful and yet you use it in creative ways like in Arc Light (Pulse 2+Sawtooth at the beginning of the music).
I like how your acts convey the same energy without sounding like copies of each others, each act holds its own theme

Overall I love the OST; it doesn't hold the same darkness and epic feel you would hear from CwtTK. Shadow of the Thunder King sounds brighter than CwtTK (gambling shambles, greedy deep and colossus climb). If I could interpret that, it's as if the threat of the Thunder King has been forgotten. It's a great OST nonetheless

By the way Aurora is the most interesting doodle of the lot, if that helps

BBLIR

Postby BBLIR » Sun May 10, 2020 7:58 am

These tracks are awesome! Drain Distain's intro/loop point gives me slight CrestCurse vibes :).
It's also kinda amazing to me how consistent the quality is considering the timeframe and circumstances. Grredy deep kinda stands out to me, but it 's probably good to have some rest inbetween all the bangers.
Keep it up, dude!

MechaGrapefruit

Postby MechaGrapefruit » Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 pm

Might expand on Aurora. I was kind of envisioning Greedy Deep as a bit of a breather level, so I'm glad that it's got that effect. Greedy Deep 2 does still feel a little... empty? So it might get some editing.
Updated the module in the original post - finished Watery Grave 2 (Culvert Cascade), which is itself based on a module I posted on these forums back in 2015.
This is a haiku
About robotic citrus -