Dilly Dally Until Suicide (2A03)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
decomposinghorse

Dilly Dally Until Suicide (2A03)

Postby decomposinghorse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Second Famitracker creation. Fashioned out of what resembled two beach glass soap dishes.
I actually did it. Dressed up as Spock, and got my neckbeard caught in a ceiling fan while trying to change a lightbulb last Halloween.
Found a clown in the dishwasher that night; bathed in steam, he jumped out of its stained white plastic interior, carrying in his left arm a yellow high-density polyethylene bowl that was filled with multiple dozen severed human fingers of varying sizes. Reaching into the bowl and grabbing onto fistfuls of limp, pail pale wow a fucking typo fingers, he proceeded to bounce up and down while tossing them at me, slapping his shoes onto my kitchen floor while quickly alternating between making ape sounds and laughing. After five seconds of this, he ran out of the kitchen, swerved to the left in the hallway, and darted towards the half-open window in my living room. He charged forward and leaped—smashing through the closed half of the window—and without hesitation, was tossing fingers drained of their plasma at pedestrians before he landed in the streets below, and before the shattered glass of four windows hit the ground behind him.
As I prepared a layer of tinfoil to cover the rectangular space in the wall, I noticed that protection rabbit's fingers were absent.

Some of the lower frequency rumbling which I tried to make through the use of Zxx commands that occurs later on is just barely audible; if you'd like to hear it and the timbre tones that largely suggest its presence, I recommend clamping headphones extremely tight onto your head and struggling through the torturous high-pitched squealing that plays adjacent to it. If your computer has an equalizer, you may also find it useful.

Creation took place between the 15th and the 25th of this year's April.
Attachments
april 15th, 2015.ftm
(47.29 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
Last edited by decomposinghorse on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Threxx

Re: Dilly Dally Until Suicide (2A03)

Postby Threxx » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:51 pm

...is this some kind of twisted joke?

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:44 am

Threxx wrote:twisted

Says ne wyork time s, "the longer" "you experience" "it," "the" "more" "banal" "it" "all" "gets."[1] [2] [7] [17] [103]

noise isn't twisted noise—matter—isn't a corn twist, son

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 am

I'm not sure what you were attempting to accomplish with this FTM, but "music" could not have been your ultimate goal, so I am unsure on how or even if I should further critique this.

LordAndrew

Postby LordAndrew » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 am

decomposinghorse wrote:

Says ne wyork time s, "the longer" "you experience" "it," "the" "more" "banal" "it" "all" "gets."[1] [2] [7] [17] [103]

your english is almost as random as your music sir

Potentialing

Postby Potentialing » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:07 am

LordAndrew wrote:
decomposinghorse wrote:

your english is almost as random as your music sir

I am under the impression there is a hidden meaning in this person's words, expressed artistically through literature: Perhaps decomposinghorse meant to say "You get used to it the more you listen to it?" I personally disagree with this statement due to personal taste, but I suppose if he or she wishes to express the piece this way, then I won't argue.

Threxx wrote:...

I'm not sure what you were attempting to accomplish with this FTM, but "music" could not have been your ultimate goal, so I am unsure on how or even if I should further critique this.

I think that might be a bit harsh. I thought this had some colorful sound design ideas, and I imagined this piece more of an ambient track immersing the listener into different world.

However, I feel that some of the more melodic aspects were a bit out of place in here: It feels like it wants to have a musical structure, and yet I cannot say I could make out what that structure was, due to a lack of rhythm/sense of progression. If you wanted more random notes, perhaps you could try more detuned pitches like what you did around pattern 13? I can't say it was pleasing to listen to the parts where the pulse channels/noise played at the full F volume (despite the intention, I personally feel the song might be overdoing it...) Perhaps consider turning those down a bit more, to like 7?

Here's some things that might help spark some inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs_5RxtORes
https://youtu.be/FIhOVLYFp3Q?t=4m19s (This whole soundtrack has a lot of neat ambient tracks, actually!)

If you are going for something less ambient, perhaps you could consider referring to these:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65716957/Continue%20PUF.ftm (Track #1, Config)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoNHPNYP4fo
https://youtu.be/Jr4j2dwMg-8?t=3m24s
Last edited by Potentialing on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:43 am

Potentialing wrote:*long post*

I think you are giving too much legitimacy to what essentially qualifies as a troll post. It is hard to take the information in the OP seriously.

Potentialing

Postby Potentialing » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:52 am

Threxx wrote:
Potentialing wrote:*long post*

I think you are giving too much legitimacy to what essentially qualifies as a troll post. It is hard to take the information in the OP seriously.

Assuming it was a troll post, I think ignoring a troll's thread altogether would not only save you the trouble of wasting your time, but also allow room for potential discussion.

So far, I feel it may be too early to jump to this conclusion: I feel there is a reasonable amount of substance in this post, only expressed artistically. Unless there is nothing left for me to discuss, I will help give feedback on these forums as usual.

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 am

LordAndrew wrote:your english is almost as random as your music sir

yeah
i think i used to write better stories and whatnot

Potentialing wrote:If you wanted more random notes, perhaps you could try more detuned pitches like what you did around pattern 13?

If you're referring to the notes played by Pulse 1 and Pulse 2 before the louder notes assigned to Pulse 1 came in, I must say that I had wanted to do that, but I didn't for whatever reason. I think it was because I also did want to make notes that formed a lighthearted, whimsical melody, but I couldn't come up with anything at all good, and so I just stuck those in as indefinite placeholders. I should change them one of these days, as I like their purpose (knowing what it is), but can hardly appreciate it as it stands. That being said, development was stressing enough as it is. Problems.

Thank you very much for sharing those other tracks! I especially enjoyed the suppressed, fuzzy percussion and quiet siren-like droning background notes that created a sort-of pastel-like depiction of some cloudy early 90s radical techno misguided anarchy nightmare, as presented in Config on the Continue PUF FTM. Reviewing that, I probably came off as being sarcastic—so I should clarify; I really do dig it.

sirocyl

Postby sirocyl » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:27 am

Surrealist, and/or abstract; definitely avant-garde.

Reminds me of the time I tried to make modem noises out of an N163.
Attachments
nesmodem.ftm
Why
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 70 times