Dilly Dally Until Suicide (2A03)

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
Threxx

Re: Dilly Dally Until Suicide (2A03)

Postby Threxx » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 am

I'm sorry, this is avant-garde?

The content of that FTM is mostly random frequencies and noises in the tracker, it holds little musical merit. If one want something esoteric and avant-garde that is also musical, I recommend listening to the "Terminator 2 - Judgment Day" OST by the Follin Brothers. It achieves the same levels of ambiance and progressiveness while still actually being music.

sirocyl

Postby sirocyl » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 am

No, I'm not saying I like it, but it's either experimentally made to sound rubbish like Pollock's No. 5, 1948, or just rubbish like a scribble or spilled paint, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt here.

Deathro

Postby Deathro » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:47 am

sirocyl wrote:No, I'm not saying I like it, but it's either experimental rubbish or rubbish, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt here.

Why would someone decided to purposely upload "experimental rubbish?" Especially with something of this magnitude? Id have to agree with Threxx here. I'm not even understanding why this specific thread is getting so much attention all of a sudden over literal flipping bleeps everywhere. Yet if someone were to upload a complete OST the least it would probably get is a "This is good" and that's it. Something like this requires literally no effort and no brain power. I could do this in my sleep, LITERALLY. In fact, no. I could have a computer randomly generate this for me. That's how confusing this sounds. But yet again time after time, composing a good melody that took days, maybe even weeks to make, has to fight for glory with this... gibberish. Not to be offensive, but how exactly could this even be music? Even MiniMacro can do better than this. >>

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:50 am

sirocyl wrote:No, I'm not saying I like it, but it's either experimentally made to sound rubbish like Pollock's No. 5, 1948, or just rubbish like a scribble or spilled paint, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt here.

If someone intentionally creates something to sound bad (unironically), they should re-evaluate their life priorities and energy focus.

(Jokes exist, but I am still not sure if this is a joke or a serious attempt at something.)

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 am

Deathro wrote:I'm not even understanding why this specific thread is getting so much attention all of a sudden over literal flipping bleeps everywhere. Yet if someone were to upload a complete OST the least it would probably get is a "This is good" and that's it.

I gotta say that I agree 100% with this. I find it annoying how the really good stuff never gets attention at all, which is sad.

Also the lack of good criticism is something that happens often. I'm guilty of it too, but I'm trying to be more useful when I can at least.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:53 am

If you are really that dissatisfied at how specific threads receive apparently a lot more attention, then do not comment on threads which you think do not deserve attention and then come back and tell everyone else how threads to which you do not show attention do not receive enough attention.
Deathro wrote:Something like this requires literally no effort and no brain power. I could do this in my sleep, LITERALLY. In fact, no. I could have a computer randomly generate this for me.

The effort and brain power required to write a computer program that randomly generates FTMs stylistically comparable to this FTM far exceed that attained by the OP to create this FTM in question.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:20 am

I currently have another thread in this part of the forum, you know! If you don't care for something like this and don't have anything to add, I'm sure you'll find greater volumes of sound happiness in providing commentary and criticism (that hopefully won't blemish other delicate egos like mine—AAAHAHAHAH) in one of the other threads present.

If you care to know the meaning behind this piece, I'll tell you; I've been at the hands of the effects of mercury poisoning for a number of years, and before I had experienced it, I really didn't think that there was anything that was this completely, totally, abysmally bleak and foreboding. It puts you in a state of mental and physical anguish that can hardly be described by the sufferer—whose mind becomes delusional and weary over time—while being unfathomable to those who haven't had their lives destroyed by it. Literally everything that I do is trial and error—I had to re-write this, and every other post I'd made in this thread upwards of three or four times because I now hardly have any perception of what I think is good or bad, so I'll go into something as small as a two paragraph forum post for twenty or thirty minutes before realizing that it's poor work. I used to enjoy things—especially music—but my thoughts have become so unclear and I'm in so much pain that whether music that I once liked is on or not, I really can't get anything out of it.
I used to be good at lots of things. I used to have incredibly sharp attention to detail. I once had the will to focus, and make every minute that went into something count. I hardly have any of that now. This track is kinda how I feel on the whole disgusting matter. I really do wish it could have been better.
Sorry for typing such blunder here, but I really can't think of a better way to explain the track. That's partially why I only provided a partial, rather abstract explanation earlier on in the thread, rather than just making it abundantly clear. Sorry.

edit april 2016
drama kids' 15-year anniversary
i haven't stopped hating most of this post, which is good
for future reference, i really do have mercury poisoning; that bit isn't blunder. my everything feels like a strict, restricting motherfucker 'round the clock, and i can hardly think rationally most of the time. emotion is just not there, with a few welcome exceptions; 's not anything really good, but it breaks up the BLAND, CONGESTED, RELENTLESS monotony.
fuck this though—i don't want half of the stuff i jam up the internet's ass to be cringe-inducing, detached, poorly-written message board posts regarding my experience with a condition that shouldn't even be a thing in this day and age
i just want to be able to have access to some recollection of this horrible time for when—fire of the mind and widespread empathy forbid that i have to admit that if is even an probable substitute for when—i get the fuck through this with everything i used to have, and more
there's a compound that'll be available soon called emeramide that might help substantially while having no possible negative side-effects
it's already available through some website that sells chemicals that i'm pretty sure are used for biomedical research primarily relating to cancer, but it's too fucking expensive for me, and it's only 98% pure. the other 2% could be the ground-up ashes of a robust pimp—vinyl shoes, bitch-bustin' balltop cane and all—and there's no way i'm risking blasting myself over the edge with that kind of wild, crazy shit.
man, them scientists is fuckin' stupid whack sometimes.

and, yeah—i may have fucking stupid goddamned mercury poisoning, but that thing that i mentioned just after that about actually being one of the original, first humans was a total scam. just me trying to pull the old fast one over koji kondonewt gingrich's fear-driven, prying little eyes.
Last edited by decomposinghorse on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:40 pm

I'd call this "ambient noise". It's technically not music, but it's still nice to listen to.

If it was music you were going for, then I can say that you failed, but if it was ambient noise, then this is pretty decent!

Deathro wrote:Something like this requires literally no effort and no brain power. I could do this in my sleep, LITERALLY.
As a very logically thinking person, making ambient noise would be pretty difficult for me. Making music would be way easier, especially since I know famitracker like my right hand, for the most part. It's not art anymore, it's an instinct.

But for a not so extremely logically thinking person, there might be more truth in those words than for me. ;)
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

kfaraday

Postby kfaraday » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:14 am

aah i think this is really cool! this music has a lot of sensitivity

decomposinghorse

Postby decomposinghorse » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 am

ollaxe wrote:I'd call this "ambient noise". It's technically not music, but it's still nice to listen to.

If it was music you were going for, then I can say that you failed, but if it was ambient noise, then this is pretty decent!

Many thanks! I had set aside my interest in making it musically and aesthetically engaging (through less harsh means) when I found myself busy with trying to establish a theme that was more unwieldy. I know that it would've worked better as a piece with a more harmless, or gentle component (that the listener would genuinely care about) to have stark contrast between that and the descent, and I haven't thrown out this idea. I began something to preserve that device as early as three days before I had finished this FTM.

kfaraday wrote:aah i think this is really cool! this music has a lot of sensitivity

Thank you very much!