Another 2A03 Collab

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
MiniMacro

Re: Another 2A03 Collab

Postby MiniMacro » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:57 am

My turn!
I added a triangle solo.
(I attached a text file because I don't have 0.4.6)
Just import this.
Attachments
Another 2A03 Collab_MM.txt
Works with 0.4.6
(99.85 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:49 am

Overlord99 wrote:Shoutout to Stratelier for making most of these rules.)

LOL. I've got at least three ideas for collabs still in my head, but none of them are ready to actually start yet.

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 am

MiniMacro wrote:My turn!
I added a triangle solo.
(I attached a text file because I don't have 0.4.6)
Just import this.

A text document? Er... okay...?

I attached the FTM here. I also fixed an Axx effect left behind by Snowolf. Hope you don't mind!
Attachments
Another 2A03 Collab_MM.ftm
(22.18 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:07 am

Hang on a second, MiniMacro, I just realized something... One of the rules is that you have to use the melody and bass notes as a guideline for what you make.

The rules of the collab wrote:*The last frame in the module will contain a melody and bass note. Use these as a guideline for what you score, and continue the song for two more frames. You can score anything you want within your allotted frames, but use the melody and bass notes as a guideline.

You completely disregarded this... Also, in the original text file you attached, you didn't leave a frame for the next person with the melody and bass notes, either. I had to add a new frame into the FTM myself. I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to need to disqualify your entry...

Whole Wheatley

Postby Whole Wheatley » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 am

Overlord99 wrote:Hang on a second, MiniMacro, I just realized something... One of the rules is that you have to use the melody and bass notes as a guideline for what you make.

You completely disregarded this... Also, in the original text file you attached, you didn't leave a frame for the next person with the melody and bass notes, either. I had to add a new frame into the FTM myself. I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to need to disqualify your entry...

I don't think me and Snowolf exactly followed that rule either.

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:15 am

Whole Wheatley wrote:
Overlord99 wrote:Hang on a second, MiniMacro, I just realized something... One of the rules is that you have to use the melody and bass notes as a guideline for what you make.

I don't think me and Snowolf exactly followed that rule either.

You and Snowolf didn't use the exact notes placed at the beginning of your frames, which is perfectly fine - they are meant to be guidelines, after all. MiniMacro disregarded them altogether in favor of his solo. I'm not saying his solo is bad, but I do think that he probably could have done more with it if he had kept the pulse channels going in the same direction as Snowolf had left off.

Come to think of it, though, it's no big deal. I don't think full-on disqualifying MM will be necessary. Some changes to his entry might probably be in order, but I'll let him take care of it if he feels like it.

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Oh yeah, shoot.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Roflo

Postby Roflo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Ok I'm going to add stuff now.
Ok, added :)
Attachments
Another 2A03 Collab_roflo.ftm
(27.15 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Lum

Postby Lum » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Here's my go. Just to clarify the rules, though, since there seems to be some confusion... Basically, we're supposed to build on the last frame added, add a new frame and do whatever with it, and then add another frame with some bits and pieces for the next person to build on, correct?
Attachments
Another 2A03 Collab_Lum.ftm
(32.59 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

TheMudkipMaster12

Postby TheMudkipMaster12 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Done with my edit! I added 2 frames and added some DPCM and a couple new instruments. I also made the module comments load when the ftm is opened, so add your names to the list.
Attachments
Another 2A03 Collab_TMM12.ftm
(46.64 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
"It's funny because cool, means cold." -Savestate, Feb. 17, 2016

HI IM KIPPTUNE AND THIS IS MY OLD ACCOUNT LOL