Mega Man 11 OST-in-progress

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
iYamWhatIYam

Mega Man 11 OST-in-progress

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been on much, but building that game engine takes a long time. (Especially if you're new to programming, like myself.)
However, to make up for the lack of what I've not posted, I will post the soundtrack, as it is now. Nothing has been finished; so, feel free to edit any existing song, write a totally new one, or give suggestions on how I can make my tracks sound better. *turns to Threxx over the shoulder*

Here you go. Break a leg.
Mega Man 11.ftm
take a look at Tetryl Man for a badass sound.
(18.87 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

P.S. You will probably notice that Tetryl Man's theme is heavily influenced by Solar Man's theme (Solar Inferno).
P.P.S. (is that even a thing?) I also used Threxx's snare roll and octave arpeggio. (If you don't want it here, Threxx, I'll delete them.)
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

CaptainSwag101

Re: Mega Man 11 OST-in-progress

Postby CaptainSwag101 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:18 pm

iYamWhatIYam wrote:Sorry I haven't been on much, but building that game engine takes a long time. (Especially if you're new to programming, like myself.)

I know this isn't a music-related question, but are you using Tesserex's C# MegaMan engine, or writing your own engine? Either way, if you are programming in C#, I have a decent amount of experience, and might be able to help ;)

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:20 pm

CaptainSwag101 wrote:I know this isn't a music-related question, but are you using Tesserex's C# MegaMan engine, or writing your own engine? Either way, if you are programming in C#, I have a decent amount of experience, and might be able to help ;)

I am NOT using a third-party engine; I am writing my own C++ engine based on the physics of Mega Man 9.
I like your question, though.
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Barely anything on this FTM is particularly musical, it sounds more like random instruments placed in some way that "sounds rad xd!!!!!".

So no, I would not like my instruments featured on any FTM which fails to be musical.

Also, giving your game a numbered title implies you want to shoehorn it into the canon. This is entitled.
Last edited by Threxx on Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retrodpc

Postby retrodpc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Why did you name it Mega Man 11? If the real 11 comes out then people who know about this will likely be confused.
Don't copypasta Quotes

my sondclop

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:51 pm

I am here to address several issues.

Exhibit A:
Threxx wrote:Barely anything on this FTM is particularly musical, it sounds more like random instruments placed in some way that "sounds rad xd!!!!!".

So no, I would not like my instruments featured on any FTM which fails to be musical.

Also, giving your game a numbered title implies you want to shoehorn it into the canon. This is entitled.

As mentioned before, nothing is finished; I posted the FTM for people to look at, and maybe add new songs, to make up for what I have not been able to do in my free time before. I will respect your wish for me taking off your instruments. As for the name concern, look below.

Exhibit B:
retrodpc wrote:Why did you name it Mega Man 11? If the real 11 comes out then people who know about this will likely be confused.

I am taking the steps that MegaPhilX took during the early stages of the development of Megaman Unlimited; I am calling my game "eleven" until I create a name I feel is satisfactory. (MegaPhilX called his game Mega Man 10 until the actual Mega Man 10 was announced by Capcom. I will change my game's name, for sure, although I'm doubtful Capcom will make a Mega Man 11 anytime soon.)

Thanks for addressing your concerns. Future updates on the FTM will be posted on this thread until I finish my first engine draft, which I will post in the Off-topic section of the forum, where I will create a thread devoted entirely to my game.
YouTube
Twitter

PostApocolyptica

Postby PostApocolyptica » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:45 pm

iYamWhatIYam wrote:I am taking the steps that MegaPhilX took during the early stages of the development of Megaman Unlimited; I am calling my game "eleven" until I create a name I feel is satisfactory. (MegaPhilX called his game Mega Man 10 until the actual Mega Man 10 was announced by Capcom. I will change my game's name, for sure, although I'm doubtful Capcom will make a Mega Man 11 anytime soon.)

"iYamWhatIYam's Mega Man fangame" would be a far more suitable title for the time being. Mega Man Unlimited is certainly not worthy of being considered a sufficient successor to any main series Mega Man game.

iYamWhatIYam wrote:Future updates on the FTM will be posted on this thread until I finish my first engine draft, which I will post in the Off-topic section of the forum, where I will create a thread devoted entirely to my game.

Soundtracks to games are often created late in the development stage. Don't try and create a soundtrack for a game that has yet to be thoroughly designed.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:17 pm

iYamWhatIYam wrote:
Threxx wrote:Barely anything on this FTM is particularly musical, it sounds more like random instruments placed in some way that "sounds rad xd!!!!!".

As mentioned before, nothing is finished; I posted the FTM for people to look at, and maybe add new songs, to make up for what I have not been able to do in my free time before. I will respect your wish for me taking off your instruments. As for the name concern, look below.

The fact that this OST is unfinished does not address the inherent issues with the songs. Many of them lack rhythm, running to obnoxious drum rolls and tom fills for "percussion". The melodies are bland and often clash with the basslines and occasional counter melodies. Most of the songs on the whole lack any sort of depth, and if this is your start, I highly doubt more work in this fashion will correct any of these issues.

And frankly, if your basis for this game is Mega Man Unlimited, you have already set yourself on the path to destruction.

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:44 pm

PostApocolyptica wrote:"iYamWhatIYam's Mega Man fangame" would be a far more suitable title for the time being. Mega Man Unlimited is certainly not worthy of being considered a sufficient successor to any main series Mega Man game.
Soundtracks to games are often created late in the development stage. Don't try and create a soundtrack for a game that has yet to be thoroughly designed.

Hmmm... I never thought of this. I'm rather ignorant, aren't I?

I apologize. I will start creating the graphical assets and designing the stages; I will create sound design later. Thanks for your advice; and I will also change my fangame's name.

As for Threxx, I am NOT basing my game on Megaman Unlimited; I am merely attempting to create a game in the true Mega Man fashion. (In doing so, I am studying the design elements of Mega Man 2, 3, and 9, which are my favorite games in the series.)
YouTube
Twitter

SamW

Postby SamW » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Threxx's point is more in line with how Mega Man Unlimited is considered a garbage game
ym2612 extraordinaire, metal & edm producer, professional weeblord, head over heels for harumi

twitter
soundcloud
super famidev

Return to “Original Music”