Slammin's COVER Doodles Thread

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Slammin

Slammin's COVER Doodles Thread

Postby Slammin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:15 am

I'll use this post for doodlized covers (short loops and/or WIP's) from now on, so I don't got to make new threads for them.
Here's the Originals section version of the thread.

I'd like... well... to present a cover of a song, not with pride, but a friend of mine said I couldn't pull a "Cumbia" in 8bit... And I was "successful" after all (???)

Here's the original song for comparison. It's just the intro and then the 1st Bar is looped.
Attachments
BombonAsesino.ftm
(8.64 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Oh, hi 'v'^... Here's my YouTube.... and remember: I'm most certainly not a bear-dinosaur-man-thing...
I guess...

Slammin

Re: Slammin's COVER Doodles Thread

Postby Slammin » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Les Chants Magnétiques (or "Magnetic Fields") Part 2 by Jean-Michel Jarre, using VRC6.

The first draft of this was done (quite poorly) in 2A03, as one of my first efforts to learn on how to use Famitracker. So I scrapped it and started from scratch. Once I finish this, I'll post it in a proper thread.
Attachments
Les Chants Magnetiques Part 2 WIP.ftm
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Oh, hi 'v'^... Here's my YouTube.... and remember: I'm most certainly not a bear-dinosaur-man-thing...
I guess...

Slammin

Postby Slammin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:14 pm

I've recreated 2 tunes into a single track from the Star Soldier game from Hudson Soft. The original uses hardware envelopes, but I kinda simulated it in the instrument used.
Attachments
StarSoldierPoweredUpBGM.ftm
Pretty cool track, btw.
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
I guess...

Slammin

Postby Slammin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:35 am

I recreated the Les Chants Magnetiques Part 2 loop, but with 4-N163, just to test the chip and how to handle the instruments
Attachments
Les Chants Magnetiques Part 2 Loop v2.ftm
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
I guess...

Slammin

Postby Slammin » Mon May 23, 2016 11:20 pm

I'm not dead... just studying a bit to get better at writing music... In the meantime, here's a little thingy :3
Attachments
Midna's Lament.ftm
NONONONONODONTDIEONMEPLZOMGWHEREDOIGO?!?!?!
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
I guess...