Sunsoft style musics (WIP)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
Sky Yoshi

Sunsoft style musics (WIP)

Postby Sky Yoshi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:29 am

Hello! Sky Yoshi here!
Today, I made 2 covers. A cover of GB Memory and Pollyanna!(made with 0cc FamiTracker but can open with the normal FamiTracker ;) )
Actually... GB Memory is a copy of ImATrackMan's FDS Memory...(Is it bad!?)
What ever... I think I will Update it and make MORE COVERS using this sound engine!
Attachments
GB Memory Sunsoft.ftm
Made with 0CC Famitracker and can open with the normal FamiTracker
(27.51 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Last edited by Sky Yoshi on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

MiniMacro

Re: Sunsoft style musics

Postby MiniMacro » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:19 pm

If your cover was made with a fork of official FamiTracker, you must post the .nsf file.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 pm

...Sorry...
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 pm

MiniMacro wrote:If your cover was made with a fork of official FamiTracker, you must post the .nsf file.

This is true, there's a thread at the top of both music sections which mention this.

You'll have to replace that module with an NSF file because posting modules that are incompatible with the official versions of FT is not allowed.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Oh yeah, sorry for backseat moderating, but it bugs me because I despise 0CC.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:45 pm

MiniMacro wrote:Oh yeah, sorry for backseat moderating, but it bugs me because I despise 0CC.

Eh I have no problems with you mentioning that rule (although yeah backseat-moderating is frowned upon).

MiniMacro wrote:I despise 0CC

Say hi to the banhammer :^) ======[]
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:51 pm

hi, banhammer!!
actually, i despise having something and not using all the features included. (i don't use or need any of the features in 0CC)
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com

PostApocolyptica

Postby PostApocolyptica » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 pm

MiniMacro wrote:If your cover was made with a fork of official FamiTracker, you must post the .nsf file.

One is not mandated to do this at all. Posting the NSF is simply one way of avoiding problems, but users should be aware that NSF export is hardly perfect. Users can very easily link to the FamiTracker Module without attaching it (think about Dropbox).

Ultimately it is up to the user to decide how they wish to present their work; if they really wish to clutter and bloat their modules by removing 0CC-FamiTracker functionality and redoing portions manually (one arpeggio scheme instrument becomes seven arpeggio instruments, delayed release done with Gxx, etc.), that is on them.

I could very easily "backseat moderate" because I despise unmarked 0.5 beta modules, and the majority of users who use that build (for whatever reason) fail to mark them accordingly.

Dr. Merio wrote:You'll have to replace that module with an NSF file because posting modules that are incompatible with the official versions of FT is not allowed.

I could not find anything in that module that is not valid in FamiTracker 0.4.6 (it would skip over blocks it does not recognise, and would only crash when met with certain memory limits).
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:35 pm

um, it's a 5B module? you said yourself that 0CC's 5B implementation was different than 0.5 beta's implementation. also, if you are going to use the attachment feature of the forum to post 0CC (or any other fork) modules, it must be an NSF file.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:02 pm

MiniMacro wrote:um, it's a 5B module? you said yourself that 0CC's 5B implementation was different than 0.5 beta's implementation. also, if you are going to use the attachment feature of the forum to post 0CC (or any other fork) modules, it must be an NSF file.

There is no 5B pattern data, whether or not 5B is enabled on the module is irrelevant.

Furthermore, the 0.5 beta can open 5B modules made in 0CC, but Hxx and Jxx will be switched and it will skip any blocks it does not recognize, as with any 0CC-Famitracker feature.

In the case of any FTM's which do use 0CC-exclusive features, it is best to attach an NSF and link to the FTM for those who wish to view that and have the appropriate fork. In THIS CASE however, there is no need for the OP to do so as the module plays fine in 0.4.6 and the 0.5 beta builds, both of which are allowed.

Please educate yourself on these functions and do not make deliberately baiting replies derailing threads.

-=============-

To get the thread back on track, the module itself seems fairly well balanced and well put together. I feel the squares are a bit obnoxious and lack some necessary vibrato usage, but in some ways this is characteristic of Sunsoft 2A03 style. I would recommend removing unused instruments and expansion chips in the future to prevent such occurences.
Last edited by Threxx on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cover Music”