Sunsoft style musics (WIP)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
PostApocolyptica

Re: Sunsoft style musics

Postby PostApocolyptica » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:07 pm

MiniMacro wrote:um, it's a 5B module? you said yourself that 0CC's 5B implementation was different than 0.5 beta's implementation.

As Threxx has pointed out, no pattern data exists for the Sunsoft 5B. Instrument data will not be incompatible because none of the instruments have any "Noise / mode" macros (I believe this is where most conflictions happen). This module can even be opened in FamiTracker 0.4.2, which was the last official build to [partially] support Sunsoft 5B before its disabling in 0.4.3. One could potentially make a Sunsoft 5B module in that build and share any form of file necessary to compile it, as was done in the old forums - users would often post text files to import. Would you be against that?

This module can also be opened in 0.5 beta 5 with no issues.

MiniMacro wrote:also, if you are going to use the attachment feature of the forum to post 0CC (or any other fork) modules, it must be an NSF file.

This thread forbids the attachment of FamiTracker Modules made with forks. The rule also calls for the use of "an NSF [...] and, optionally, a modified FTM which is compatible in some measure with the official version of FamiTracker". Fortunately this rule does not apply to download links, effectively meaning users can construct posts whereby the only way of accessing their work is via the link. This is not what some might call "the best method", and of course a separate forum for 0CC-FamiTracker exists, but nothing in the rules states that a forked module cannot be shared via a download link, and by extension, that a post cannot consist only of that link (and relevant information).

This aside, I quite like the OP's module.
Last edited by PostApocolyptica on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Threxx wrote:Furthermore, the 0.5 beta can open 5B modules made in 0CC, but Hxx and Jxx will be switched and it will skip any blocks it does not recognize, as with any 0CC-Famitracker feature.

wtf I wasn't even aware of this

someone give me a medal
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:01 pm

well, i did not know that no pattern data existed for the 5B. also, you don't need to point that out to me twice, PA.
however, the tune is really catchy. i love it.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Pencildragon

Postby Pencildragon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Just my 2 cents, this whole comment chain could've been avoided by simply opening up the module in the official version of Famitracker, saying "Everything works right." and either just not mentioning it or making an aside in the OP saying "I made this originally in 0CC, however it is completely compatible with the official release of Famitracker/Beta." Now you know for next time, Sky Yoshi :)

Also, I quite enjoyed it. Only thing I didn't like was how the phase resets on the pulse channels during some of the vibrato's(that dang A-3), but as far as I know there's nothing you can do about that(being a glitch in the 2A03 itself).

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:05 am

Wow! alot of replies...
OK I'm sorry for posting the song that was made with the unofficial module of FamiTracker...
But how about the NSF Importer? is it official?
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

w7n

Postby w7n » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:20 am

>>Sky Yoshi:
This module is compatible with the official version, so posting that is fine. Although, next time remember to check if your module is compatible with the official ver first. 貴方のFTMは公式版と互換性があるので、UPすることがいいです。でも次回それを確認することを忘れないで。
NSF Importer is a fork made by rainwarrior and is no longer being updated.
nsf.nesbbs.com under reconstruction, better player might be available in the future.

VRC6 PWM is GAY because it has colours of the rainbow in the NSFPlay keyboard visualizer.

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:02 am

OK! I will be careful for posting FTM Files.
ご迷惑かけて、すいませんでした!
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

Return to “Cover Music”