cave story vrc6

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
recme

cave story vrc6

Postby recme » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:49 am

im aware that i have a bad rep on here, but thats really not gonna stop me from posting music. oh well

so i started this project back in 2013, and i kept on redoing it until its at the point it is at today. ive been uploading videos on youtube, but i dont really feel like ill get critique on there, so i decided to just come over here for help.

id appreciate critique on the completed songs, since the WIP are well... work in progresses.

also, its 0.5 beta ahahaha
Attachments
Cave Story Soundtrack.ftm
0.5 beta
(295.54 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

recme

Re: cave story vrc6

Postby recme » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:49 pm

12 downloads... but no comments...

maybe if i upload a 4.6 version, people will start commenting?
Attachments
Cave Story Soundtrack 4.6.ftm
(326.92 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:43 am

i will actually download this now that it is compatible with a good build of the tracker.

as a fan of the cave story OST i will try and put some critique on this

the sound design is pretty good, i appreciate the use of the actual orgmaker drums

do not like the tempo changing at all, this is very error prone and can lead to "tick"/frame skipping. use grooves: http://famitracker.com/wiki/index.php?t ... mpo_values

in "Charge", some of the VRC6 duties should probably be deeper in order to sound like the original song, specifically VRC6 pulse 1 after row 0x20, should probably be V06 or V07, some of the pulse channels in "Labyrinth Fight" could probably be 25%-50% as well

in "Eyes of Flame," you should probably make the bass louder and double it on one of the pulse channels whenever possible, the original song had doubled bass as can be observed in orgmaker. same goes for Last Cave iirc (it may be sufficient to just make this louder)

Overall the mixing on the tracks could use a bit more attention to make it closer to the original songs, after actually covering a Cave Story song in VRC6 i know it is very possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Ct6OaBV_k (your version of oppression would greatly benefit from being covered at a higher speed)

this is alright but it could be better. i only bothered to comment on this because it's Cave Story and this actually seems somewhat competent

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 am

Good covers!!!
I love the sound of VRC6, it uses the satooth verry much!
I'm not a professional but, I think the DPCM is a bit loud.
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

Return to “Cover Music”