Mega Man 4 Remade

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
RushJet1
Forum Staff

Mega Man 4 Remade

Postby RushJet1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:29 am

Attachments
MM4.ftm
(925.02 KiB) Downloaded 526 times

iYamWhatIYam

Re: Mega Man 4 Remade

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:54 pm

AWWWW GODDD YESSSSSS YOU FINISHED IT GUDDDD
Honestly though, I'm looking forward to listening to these.
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Please label all beta modules. No one is above this rule.

MrKyurem

Postby MrKyurem » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:21 pm

label your fuckong beta modules

nobody is above the law

Some of the tracks are a bit hit and miss, but overall, I quite like it. Title, Bright Man, Wily Boss are some of my favourites (i especially like the 9.5 in Wily Boss), although some tracks, like Dust Man, Toad Man, and Cossack 3 felt like they could've been more - as they are, they latter two feel quite empty, while the first one doesn't feel like it keeps the same atmosphere the original did (sparing the ear-destroying the original had, that is).

Wily Capsule could also have been made longer but this is excusable as the original isn't even 10 seconds long

Don't take this too negatively, though - overall, the album is very nicely arranged!

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Hah this is fantastic. I listened to this on the YouTube playthrough and watched a few bits of it too, and I quite enjoyed it overall.

It amused me how you defeated some of the bosses using the wire weapon (particularly the ones on the boss rush). Is that just a gimmick, or is there a reason for it?
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

psn

Postby psn » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:08 pm

I love you.

Bramble

Postby Bramble » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:33 pm

I was so excited when I saw this came out last night! Awesome job as always!

Please make it to Mega Man 6 so I can hear your rendition of Tomahawk Man!!!
The name's Bramble, nice to meet you!
YouTube and SoundCloud!

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:19 am

After listening to this thoroughly, I can indeed say that this is very well made. As usual, your twist on the Mega Man style using VRC6 once again comes out beautifully. These are wonderful to listen to casually; especially Bright Man's rendition, which is oddly inspiring.

However, I agree with MrKyurem with his points; some of the songs sound a bit lower quality than what I would expect from one of these remakes; I was a bit surprised. Dust Man's theme especially sounds a little lazy compared to the rest of the tracks. I understand that these take a long-ass time to make, but I feel some improvements can be made. I feel that the Mega Man 3 remake you did was the best; especially the boss rush. That was really good.

That's really it for me. Some tracks need a bit of polishing, but other than that, top tier work. Great job.
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

MrKyurem

Postby MrKyurem » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:49 am

iYamWhatIYam wrote:However, I agree with MrKyurem with his points; some of the songs sound a bit lower quality than what I would expect from one of these remakes; I was a bit surprised. Dust Man's theme especially sounds a little lazy compared to the rest of the tracks.

I wouldn't call Dust Man lazy, so much as it was just missing any kind of interesting atmosphere to it. 0:14 to 0:33 sounds fine, but the intro and the outro both sound very lacking in inspiration - most notably the intro, which feels like a carbon copy of the notes being played, ignoring the tremolo in the original. The percussion and the background chords also feel somewhat out of place in the outro (and arguably, the percussion is somewhat lacking in the whole track - it just copies the original, which doesn't have the greatest percussion to begin with), as the percussion carries on playing hi-hats in between notes (which carries on the flow awkwardly while the notes try to create a tense, fragmented style), and the chords carry on playing at a constant volume, rather than adapting with the notes.

psn

Postby psn » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:57 am

Wily 1: it still amazes me how you took one of my least favourite songs from the series and made it sound not just competent, but REALLY good. Love the arranges of the Cossack themes too.

Return to “Cover Music”