Libera me from hell (Guren Lagan)

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
ca7chi

Libera me from hell (Guren Lagan)

Postby ca7chi » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:56 pm

libera me from hell.ftm
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

BioMechanicalDude

Re: Libera me from hell (Guren Lagan)

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 pm

You might want to include a link to the original or some kind of description. Is this even supposed to be finished? It sounds like it needs a lot of work.
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

Potentialing

Postby Potentialing » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Sounds like you got most of the notes right, except there's one problem: You set instrument 01 to have an arpeggio of 15, which de-tuned all notes using that instrument into a different key, ultimately affecting the entire song. If you meant to increase the octave, the arp should be "12", not "15", although you can achieve the same effect by using an Arp of "0" (disable it), CTRL+A the whole pattern or select a note region with your mouse, then press CTRL+F4/F3 to shift all your notes down/up an octave. You can also shift semitones with CTRL+F1/F2, and shift effects/instruments with Shift+F1/F2.

In addition, I would suggest lowering the volume of your pulse channel somewhere between 6 to 9, because it makes the song a bit difficult to listen to with the mixing between your channels.

I'm not sure how accurate you want the song to be, but I've added an edit which should hopefully guide you toward your goal.
Attachments
libera me from hell_edit.ftm
(5.99 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:02 am

I have to admire the effort, Gurren Lagann is one of my favorite things ever.
That being said: I would recommend grabbing a midi of the song, opening it in a midi editor, and singling out each individual note so you get them all right.

I would also say that 'Libera Me from Hell' is much too complex a song to cover in 2a03. I would use MMC5 or VRC6 for that.
I make covers and original songs. I usually work in VRC6 or MMC5.

Fan of Cave Story, Megaman, Half-Life, System Shock, Dark Souls and Metroid. I love nonlinear game design.