Clash on the Big Bridge [VRC6] [2A03]

Post your cover music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated to covers of existing songs. When posting a song, please include information about the original song.
SmartKid

Clash on the Big Bridge [VRC6] [2A03]

Postby SmartKid » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:16 pm

Link to original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JnXdfoYpY

As soon as I heard this song, I knew I had to cover it.

This is actually my first time using DPCM, so I still don't know how to fully make use of it. In the non-DPCM version, I'm also using some new triangle + noise toms, which I personally think sound really convincing. I dumped note and timing data directly from the SPC, so there shouldn't be any inaccuracies in this one.
Attachments
FFV - Gilgamesh [2A03].ftm
(36.32 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
FFV - Gilgamesh [VRC6].ftm
(56.82 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Last edited by SmartKid on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Like my covers? I have tons more on my YouTube channel.

DynamiteManEXE

Re: Clash at the Big Bridge [VRC6] [2A03]

Postby DynamiteManEXE » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:32 am

And thus, the grand tradition for every person to cover the battle music of the mighty GILGAMESH continues with another inductee...

My only nitpick is that I can't hear the bass leading up to the loop unless I kick them up an octave, but Man alive, you did wonderfully on both of these! Certainly blows my attempt outta the water!

SmartKid

Re: Clash on the Big Bridge [VRC6] [2A03]

Postby SmartKid » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:22 pm

DynamiteManEXE wrote:And thus, the grand tradition for every person to cover the battle music of the mighty GILGAMESH continues with another inductee...

My only nitpick is that I can't hear the bass leading up to the loop unless I kick them up an octave, but Man alive, you did wonderfully on both of these! Certainly blows my attempt outta the water!

I've tweaked the bass (messed with Zxx effects and raised it an octave in some places) so it should be more audible. How does it sound now?
Like my covers? I have tons more on my YouTube channel.